“Long weekend in Plas Bodegroes - very hard to leave!”
Review of Plas Bodegroes

Plas Bodegroes
Ranked #1 of 1 Efailnewydd B&B and Inns
Saddleworth
“Long weekend in Plas Bodegroes - very hard to leave!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have just spent three nights at Plas Bodegroes, and are already wondering when we can go back for a short break. Here, the owners have managed to combine key ingredients to make a very special stay: attentive but relaxed service, amazing locally-sourced food, and a gorgeous setting. The weather was pretty wild, which made it all the better for hurrying back from our walks, only to sink into that special atmosphere which has been created here.
Thank you.
H Ryan-Atkin

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Beaumaris, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Having wanted to visit Plas Bodegroes for several years now, I finally spent a night there celebrating my wedding anniversary. From arrival to departure I thought this beautiful, peaceful place was completely wonderful. Very friendly, helpful staff, extremely comfortable rooms, well-furnished public areas and tasty, inspired cooking led to a memorable experience for both my wife and myself.
We were lucky enough to have a sizeable gap in the torrential rain in which to wander around the the relatively small but perfectly formed gardens. I'm no gardener but even I could appreciate the lovely trees, bushes, plants etc, and was particularly taken with the "beech avenue" which led away from the front of the house.
The immediate area around the house was incredibly peaceful - quite the noisiest thing to be heard was the cawing of sundry corvids in the lofty boughs surrounding us - perfectly acceptable though.
Our room at the top of the house sported an enormous comfy bed, a nice little bathroom with separate loo, and a couple of small, flat screen tv's on which I was pleased to be able to receive Final Score, it being Saturday ' n'all.
Totally luxurious, totally unpretentious, staffed by dedicated, unobtrusive staff, and well worth every penny (I'm going to comment in the restaurant section on the food)!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andyhailsfromwales
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The most fabulous place to eat and to be well looked after. I came here as a surprise engagement dinner over the August Bank holiday and the food was amazing and the service superb. You really couldn't choose a better place in the UK to dine,. I cant wait to come again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katyv79
Dyserth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have visited Plas Bodegroes on several occasions and we are always very impressed with the high quality of both food and service. The staff both in the evening and at breakfast are friendly and efficient. We stayed for two nights and had a variety of dishes from the menus which were all delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
gwyn@oriel.org.uk
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

If you like to eat freshly prepared food of the highest quality cooked by the best chefs in Wales then Plas Bodegroes is for you. My wife and I had a wonderful meal here in August. From starter to dessert we were allowed 3 hours to enjoy the experience. We could have stayed longer if we wanted to. That's one way of measuring the quality of the establishment. It also helps that the house itself is superb, the art work original by the best artists in Wales and the staff friendly and knowledgable. Diolch Chris and Gunna, top class.

• Stayed August 2013
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I don't usually write reviews, however after visiting Plas Bodegroes I felt compelled. I went with a close friend as a treat as we'd not seen each other for 2.5 years, so we wanted something special. I was expecting it to be very good but I was highly impressed with all aspects of the evening. It oozes with class and yet retains a warm relaxed atmosphere, the attention to detail from start to finish was professional, the very courteous and helpful staff gave a warm welcome, were friendly and attentive. The ambience during dining was perfect, every aspect of the meal was highly impressive and indeed wonderfully crafted by chef's who obviously love their work. A special place which made the night go so well, will be returning soon I hope.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mr_Bean2474
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Totally lived up to its well deserved reputation. Only criticism is that they rather rushed our pre-dinner drinks to fit others into the small bar area but every course of the dinner was superb.All the staff were most helpful and charming.
Diolch

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Efailnewydd
Hotel Portmeirion
#4 of 12 in Abersoch
The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory
#1 of 1 in Boduan

Been to Plas Bodegroes? Share your experiences!