This was our best hotel experience in the U.S. The facility is very welcoming - elegantly appointed, yet comfortable and accommodating. We (2 adults and 2 children) arrived late one evening after the restaurants has closed and the staff (Ellis and others) went out of their way to serve us a delicious meal in one of the sitting rooms. Throughout our stay this sincere and friendly service continued. We especially enjoyed talking with George at the piano who was attentive to our boys encouraged them to play. Greg at the front desk was quick and courteous to help us with directions, suggestions to enhance our stay and updates on the market activity and other current events. Our room was very large and nicely decorated. The housecleaning staff was awesome, led by Patricia who kindly brought our boys healthy snacks. One evening my husband and I enjoyed an amazing meal at Fossetts. I wish that we lived closer so that we could enjoy the chef's exquisite fare more often - it was the best dinning experience that we have had in the last 10 years. While we enjoyed fine dining, our boys (by their choice) enjoyed room service while watching movies. The staff (especially Matthew) was very attentive to them and kept us apprised of their well-being. In summary, the property and surrounding area are picturesque. With our busy schedule we did not partake of the golf course or spa although both looked quite inviting. What made our stay special was the staff who were courteous, professional and sincere. They loved their jobs and it showed. We really felt like they we happy to have us as guests. It's been a long time since we felt that welcomed and appreciated throughout our entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick