“Lunch left alot to be desired”
Review of Kilmarnock Inn

Kilmarnock Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Kilmarnock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We've stayed here in the past (before becoming come-heres) and eaten here several times, the last of which was lunch just before Christmas. I ordered the crab cake sandwich and it rated right up there with the WORST i've ever had; this is after the waitress carried on and on about how the Kilmarnock Inn crabcakes are ALWAYS in the top 3 of customer voted delicious. Well, I beg to differ.......seriously differ. Other people at the table complained about skimpy filling in their sandwiches. There is nothing here to draw me back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen m

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I fell in love with this place.
We stayed at the Kilmarnock Inn in the Washington Suite. Our suite was beautiful, very clean and was filled with so many lovely details. This place has such a special vibe. My favorite spot is the backyard where you can sit on the porch swing and just enjoy this beautiful backyard and relax. We felt very comfortable and the innkeeper are so kind! And then the sunday brunch- delicious!! Try the chocolate donuts :)

Room Tip: Every room is special!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cpk1812
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Whenever i get the Chance to leave DC and meet up with some old friends in the Northern Neck area i stay in the Kilmarnock Inn. It is definitely the best Inn I have ever been to and I just love it. I stayed in almost every room at least once and they are all really interesting and very nice. The Service is always outstanding whether it is a late night check-in or something else. The garden Looks so idyllic and a good place to relax and think about something different than work for a second. The area is a small town but if you know the right places to go to it will offer so much more than just a small town ( golf, hidden beaches, oyster farms, river activities). My Girlfriend also fell in love with this cute little Inn. The Food the Inn offers is really good and I absolutely love the sunday brunch. I would definitley recommend staying there if you are in the area. It will be worth it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had long wanted to give this place a try, so when the occasion arose for us to spend the night in Kilmarnock, we jumped at the chance to stay at the Kilmarnock Inn. It is as beautiful inside as out, lushly decorated for Christmas, and the bed in the Martha room was perfect - firm and comfortable. Shaun upgraded us for no additional charge to the most convenient cottage, the one closest to where we had parked, as the night was cold and a winter storm was approaching. This cottage was handicapped accessible, including a handicapped shower, which we appreciated, and also included an electric heater. Quite nice. Shaun was friendly and accomodating.

Breakfast was phenomenal, with numerous choices, none of which looked bad. My husband had the crab omelette, and loved it; I had poached eggs, potatoes, bacon, toast, and fruit, plus a mimosa - included in the overnight price! The dining rooms are gorgeous.

Excellent - would love to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at the Kilmarnock Inn for only one night but, we plan to return in the near future. Our room was spacious, well appointed and, very clean. The bathroom had a large tub where my wife proceeded to enjoy a monster bubble bath. Only problem was that it took us forever to drain all the bubbles. We had dinner in their dinning room and found the experience to be outstanding. The staff was courteous and attentive. The food was great and the ice cream was to die for. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My friends took me to the Kilmarnock Inn for dinner. It was great...the best filet ever, wonderful staff, elegant surroundings, friendly Innkeeper and wonderful overall evening. We will go back soon. There was an extensive wine list and complete and cosy bar.

Room Tip: Sorry I checked the box for pool and fitness center.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Kilmarnock Inn is a very special place in the heart of Downtown Kilmarnock. This quaint Inn is perfectly located in Downtown Kilmarnock, close to shopping it is very well decorated and the atmosphere is very zen. I had stayed in the Inn this past weekend and am looking forward to repeating my stay with some friends to enjoy the atmosphere, the food and the shopping. I actually purchased a dinner gift card for two of my dearest friends that will be celebrating their wedding anniversary. I just know they will have a pleasant meal and will most likely stay the night. Looking forward to my next stay there. Thank you for a pleasant experience!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmarnock
Best Western Kilmarnock Hotel
#3 of 5 in Reedville
Ma Margaret's House B&B
Ma Margaret's House B&B
#1 of 5 in Reedville

Been to Kilmarnock Inn? Share your experiences!