“Great place to escape” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Kilmarnock B&B and Inns
Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
“Great place to escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a very busy week at work I needed to get away for some rest and quiet. I wanted to take my dog since I had been away from home for 9 days. I found the Kilmarnock Inn on line and made reservations for 2 days of R& R at this pet friendly Inn.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the Inn is and how friendly everyone was during my visit. When I left I felt like I was leaving friends.
I had one of their 3 pet friendly rooms which was like a little cabin with a front porch that overlooked the courtyard. The room had nice amenities and was a good size with a queen size bed, desk, and lounge chair. Nice spacious bathroom with wonderful almond toiletries.
I was able to eat on the main house deck with my dog at my feet. Of course they served her water and a special treat. The meals were very good - I had the complimentary breakfasts and ate dinner there one night. The coffee, made from fresh ground Italian beans, was the best I had in years - I drank too much but it was so good. Did I mention the fresh eggs that came right from the owners chickens - OMG!
The Inn is just around the block from some wonderful stores on Main Street. Easy walking. Several interesting wineries are within a short drive from the Inn.
It seemed like I was there longer than 2 days......can't wait to go back with family.

Room Tip: You definitely want a room with a porch that looks over the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MBM910

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

At the last minute I decided to try to get together a surprise weekend for my husband and myself....did I mention it was Valentine's Weekend?? I was lucky to book the last available room at this wonderful Inn! We were quickly escorted to our room after a day of wine tasting in the Northern Neck. We were told by some other couples staying here that dinner was sold out but we walked in and ask if we could be accomodated and were! Enjoyed a special "Valentine" dinner. Everything was delicious. The following morning (Sunday) we were treated to Brunch which was phenomenal! I inquired about moving to a room with a King bed and was told that was a good possibility since many people were checking out. We left for our second day of wine tasting and returned around 6 p.m. to find the restaurant/office closed with a note that if you needed anything to call. I called the manager Susan who told me an envelope was left under our door with the keys to the "Honeymoon" cottage, at no additional charge!! Well, I have never been upgraded so this was a real treat! The cottage was absolutely beautiful, wonderful and greatly appreciated! The following morning we were treated again to another great (included in the room price) breakfast. It wasn't a buffet but you were able to order from the menu, complete with juice and coffee. The Belgian waffles, french toast and the best thick-sliced bacon you've ever eaten was served up by our wonderful server, Tiffany.
Kilmarnock Inn is like a home-away-from home. Everyone was so friendly and warm. The rooms were comfortable and clean. When we checked out the owner, Shaun was happy to recommend some places for me to take more photos on the waterfront and provide a map to get us there! I expressed how grateful we were for our upgrade and how much we enjoyed our stay.
We are looking forward to our next trip to the Kilmarnock Inn, when the weather is warmer and everything is green. I know the courtyard will be just beautiful. There are a few vineyards we didn't make it to and some we want to revisit (Good Luck!) and we plan on bringing some friends with us to enjoy this little slice of heaven on the Northern Neck!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
reston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We've stayed here in the past (before becoming come-heres) and eaten here several times, the last of which was lunch just before Christmas. I ordered the crab cake sandwich and it rated right up there with the WORST i've ever had; this is after the waitress carried on and on about how the Kilmarnock Inn crabcakes are ALWAYS in the top 3 of customer voted delicious. Well, I beg to differ.......seriously differ. Other people at the table complained about skimpy filling in their sandwiches. There is nothing here to draw me back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank karen m
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I fell in love with this place.
We stayed at the Kilmarnock Inn in the Washington Suite. Our suite was beautiful, very clean and was filled with so many lovely details. This place has such a special vibe. My favorite spot is the backyard where you can sit on the porch swing and just enjoy this beautiful backyard and relax. We felt very comfortable and the innkeeper are so kind! And then the sunday brunch- delicious!! Try the chocolate donuts :)

Room Tip: Every room is special!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cpk1812
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Whenever i get the Chance to leave DC and meet up with some old friends in the Northern Neck area i stay in the Kilmarnock Inn. It is definitely the best Inn I have ever been to and I just love it. I stayed in almost every room at least once and they are all really interesting and very nice. The Service is always outstanding whether it is a late night check-in or something else. The garden Looks so idyllic and a good place to relax and think about something different than work for a second. The area is a small town but if you know the right places to go to it will offer so much more than just a small town ( golf, hidden beaches, oyster farms, river activities). My Girlfriend also fell in love with this cute little Inn. The Food the Inn offers is really good and I absolutely love the sunday brunch. I would definitley recommend staying there if you are in the area. It will be worth it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Baytown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had long wanted to give this place a try, so when the occasion arose for us to spend the night in Kilmarnock, we jumped at the chance to stay at the Kilmarnock Inn. It is as beautiful inside as out, lushly decorated for Christmas, and the bed in the Martha room was perfect - firm and comfortable. Shaun upgraded us for no additional charge to the most convenient cottage, the one closest to where we had parked, as the night was cold and a winter storm was approaching. This cottage was handicapped accessible, including a handicapped shower, which we appreciated, and also included an electric heater. Quite nice. Shaun was friendly and accomodating.

Breakfast was phenomenal, with numerous choices, none of which looked bad. My husband had the crab omelette, and loved it; I had poached eggs, potatoes, bacon, toast, and fruit, plus a mimosa - included in the overnight price! The dining rooms are gorgeous.

Excellent - would love to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at the Kilmarnock Inn for only one night but, we plan to return in the near future. Our room was spacious, well appointed and, very clean. The bathroom had a large tub where my wife proceeded to enjoy a monster bubble bath. Only problem was that it took us forever to drain all the bubbles. We had dinner in their dinning room and found the experience to be outstanding. The staff was courteous and attentive. The food was great and the ice cream was to die for. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmarnock
Holiday Inn Express Kilmarnock
Chesapeake Bay RV Resort
Chesapeake Bay RV Resort
#1 of 2 in Gloucester
The Inn at Tabbs Creek Waterfront B&B

Been to Kilmarnock Inn? Share your experiences!