“Even the Texas outlaws liked it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
El Charrito Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: This restaurant was a nice surprise to find on a Sunday. We had tried to find a "nonchain" restaurant open on a Sunday and found it extremely difficult. Finally, we found El Charrito and are so happy we did. The food and service were EXCELLENT!!
Connecticut, USA
“Even the Texas outlaws liked it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We've been meaning to try this place for years now, and finally went last week. I brought my in-laws (both born and raised in Texas) with me. My mother-in-law said they nailed the 3 things she looks for: margaritas, guacamole, and enchilada sauce. I had the enchiladas verdes, with chicken - seriously the best enchiladas verdes I've ever had. The chicken was moist and flavorful, verde sauce was spicy. In-laws had enchiladas rojos and chicken enchiladas (yes, we like enchiladas!) The service is very slow, but the waiter was very nice. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited July 2013

Richmond, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican Food I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I Have eatten at El Charrito Mexian Restaurant several times. They have the best Mexican food I have ever had. The servers are very nice. Service was quick and food was Great!

• Visited February 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Went to this resturant for first time tonight”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Waited over an hour for food. When food arrived two meals were missing. Waited 20 minutes for the 2 meals. Spoke to manager and just blew me off stating orders are filled by when the order is placed,

Many tables were acknowledged ahead of us and tables received food before us.

Food was not good. Service was the worst I have experienced in a long time. Waiter un responsive.

Will not return

• Visited April 2013
Lancaster, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great carnitas and guacamole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

The place isn't much to look at, but the food is superb!

I'll choose the Mexican-style guacamole (called something like that on the menu) and the carnitas as particularly good--and I've eaten there at least a half dozen times.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lancaster Co., VA
“Good basic Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Good Mexican food, excellent service, friendly personnel, and reasonable prices--what more could you want? There is an extensive menu and the dishes we've tried have not disappointed. Service has always been quick and efficient on all of our visits. A great value for the money!

• Visited September 2012