“Main Street”

Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We are family owned since 1939.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I went on a Saturday afternoon and ordered a couple of specials. My wife had the tuna sandwich with cup of vegetable soup. These 2 items are hard to mess up and they were right on the money. I had the half rack rib special with slaw and fries, again on the money. Our waitress was very pleasant and the restrauant was full. I think the people at Lee's know what they are doing, and doing it well.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This very plain restaurant is right on the main street. A couple of locals had suggested that it was a great place to go for pie, especially the coconut pie. Being a chocolate nut, I ordered the chocolate pie. It was good, but I wish that I had ordered the coconut.
The restaurant was full up with the local lunch time crowd. Except for one young couple with child, my wife was the only other person there who did not have white, gray or silver hair. Almost all of the diners were ladies. I made the bad, not PC comment that the local ladies must have just cashed their social security checks.
The sandwiches were good and the vibe was quite pleasant. I would return. And next time I will order the coconut pie!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went there on a busy Saturday afternoon. It was fairly busy and the service was slow, but we were welcomed by hostess as soon as we walked in. Many low cost items on the menu worried us about what the quality of food might be like. We ordered a cheeseburger and a sandwich with two soft drinks that did take a long time to arrive. After a long wait, we were very surprised by how fresh and tasty the food was. It cost $10.00 for a good fresh lunch. When we return to the Northern Neck, we will definitely stop in again.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Lee's offers good, home-cooked fare, but very slow service. Their desserts are home-made, and to die for!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I learned about Lee's while having our boat in Kilmarnock for a week. Good food, great prices and home cooking. Just plain good.