Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$119
ComfortSuites
US$141
Lansdowne Resort and Spa(Leesburg)
US$328
US$94
Red Roof
US$164
Homewood
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North(Ashburn)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$157
US$180
US$168
Homewood
US$157
US$140
All reviewshistoric housegeneral managerroom was clean and comfortablewedding guestswine countryfront desk staffoutdoor pooldc areaintegritymarewegmansshuttlewineriesgps
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I arrived at my room at around 5:30pm and went to work on my computer, I attempted to turn on the main lamp and discovered it had no bulb. I called the front desk to fix it, they said they would send someone immediately, 40 minutes later a man arrived replaced the bulb and still could not get the light to work. he the completely moved the bed to discoverit was also unplugged. Later in the evening I called the restaurant to order dinner, after taking my order with difficulty due to a language barrier, the man on the phone stated I would have to call back because the bartender was not available to properly take my order. I called back 10 minutes later and placed my order and was told my order would be up in 15-20 minutes. 45 minutes I called the front desk to complain that I had not yet received my food, their response was the restaurant is third party owned and they had no control over it. I called the restaurant and canceled myorder and had to go out at 10:00pm to find something to eat. The next morning I went downstairs to eat breakfast that is supposedly free according to the website and was stopped by a man guarding the breakfast buffet asking me for a ticket. I informed him I had no ticket and he asked me for my room number with a look as if I was going to steal something. He made a call and told me that because I booked my room through an expedia type website I would have to pay $11.99 for my breakfast. I work in the Hospitality Industry and this is the worst service I have seen in over a decade. I would not reteurn nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Anthony,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I am truly troubled by your experience and have personally spoken to each department regarding the issues you have dealt with. I would like to invite you to please contact a member of management so that we can make amends to you.

Most Sincerely,

The Management Team

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a wedding party and guests stay at the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They did take care of our family with kids who were dissapointed that the pool was closed by paying for putt-putt golf for them and giving them passes to the fitness center across the street. Service in the restaurant was terrible. Even when not busy, had to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes for evening meal on night one. On one morning for breakfast, restaurant first ran out of plates causing people to share plates to eat off of and then had to share food when they ran out of food. They ran out of food each morning we ate there. Servers were not friendly at all. Did not make eye contact and you had to chase them toward the back where they were seemingly hiding from the guests in order to get orange juice or coffee refills. Apparently the restaurant is run separate from the Holiday Inn but it does reflect very poorly on the hotel. The pool was closed due to "major damage". We had an elderly relative that needed to change rooms because despite notifying the hotel management that the toilet would not stop running, it apparently was easier to move the guest than to fix the toilet. The tiles in the bathroom were missing grout and the floor would "crunch" when walked on. The privacy shade in our room did not close all the way on the left so the right side had to be forced over which exposed a hole in the shade. This location has alot of history and potential and its too bad that it is run the way it is (exception front desk personnel). The "Service" rating is the front desk staff not the restaurant service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DCTraveler3716
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

DCTraveler3716,

I would first like to apologize that your recent stay at our property was not as enjoyable as it should have been. The issues in the room have been taken care of and I am sorry you had to experience that. I have forwarded the issues you had in the restaurant to the ownership and management team. Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I understand that hotels need to do upkeep and maintenance, but this hotel really is behind on both. We picked this hotel for the weekend of the wine country half marathon (it was listed on the running website). We also picked it because it listed an outdoor pool which is uncommon in this part of the country. Very disappointed when we checked in and were told the pool wasn't open. Considering the past two weeks had seen glorious weather, I have to ask why? We (personally) called a nearby resort which was the main location for race events and were told no problem using their 3 outdoor pools. Probably should have just stayed there. The room was satisfactory (with a view of the non-usable pool!) but the hallways, stairs all need upgrades desperately. It looks old and tired - although the rooms were nicely appointed. Beds comfortable, place is clean. Ok for 1 night (we had unfortunately booked two).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our property. We are currently working on update and upgrades to our public areas. We unfortunately have experienced issues in opening our pool and are currently working on those in an effort to have the pool open very soon. I am glad to hear that you did find the rooms satisfactory and that you also found our hotel to be clean. I really appreciate your feedback and will make every effort to work on improvements in all of the areas you mentioned had issues. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel restaurant specializes in Indian food. I had the mild Indian version yet it was too hot and spicy for my taste. Beware if the server suggests bread and dipping as they charged me almost an extra $20 for what I assumed was free. Also the smells of indian food aroma lingered in the halls of the hotel. I found the hotel staff friendly and our room was clean and comfortable. I wish we had unplugged the hotel alarm clock as it went off at 6am the next morning when we had planned to sleep in - we could not figure out how to turn it off so tried to unplug only to realize it was hooked to a multi electric cord causing the lamp to fall off the table. The curtains did not block the morning sun either. Over all I was satisfied with my stay. Although I will chose to try a new venue next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for your honest review of our property. Our continual goal is that each of our guests has a delightful and enjoyable experience at our properties. I am glad to hear that the service your received from our hotel staff was pleasant and the room comfortable for you. I can see how a cumbersome wiring arrangement could make things challenging and frustrating. Because of your review we are evaluating the best way to eliminate the need for extra cords within the rooms and have discussed with each applicable department regarding these issues with the alarm clock as well.

I am truly sorry that they on-site restaurant partner did not provide you with exceptional service and clear expectations. I have passed on your review to the new restaurant manager as well so they it can be addressed with the staff there also.

I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in the area. Please feel free contact a member of the management team so that we can ensure each aspect of your stay is pleasant and enjoyable.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 May 2014

quaint location, updated rooms, quality sleep. very good stay and would come back if in the area. beds are comfy, all the amenities....except microwave in the room and no breakfast. you could order room service for a very limited breakfast selection and it cost extra. overall the experience was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank offwego2011

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We hope if you are in the area again you would stay with us. If you do I wanted to inform you we do have microwaves upon request we would be happy to have one in your room just request one while making your reservation. Thank you for choosing our property and thank you for taking the time to write this review.