“Great service, nice rooms.”

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel because my flight to Montréal was canceled at the last minute. Did not expect much. What a pleasant surprise! Very nice rooms, beautiful scenery and the quality of the reception just amazing! The breakfast is a bit pricy but good. I'm thinking of coming back to this hotel on my next trip to Washington.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Lansdowne Resort and Spa

Reviewed 24 May 2014

One of the best stays in my life! rooms and bathrooms were spacious and very clean like every spot of the resort! breakfast and lunch were quite expensive, but very good quality. Lots of activities available: spa, golf, pool or even walking around the property and nearly area. Pools were in perfect condition as well as the golf course, but the best part of the hotel was its amazing staff and service! all of them very kind and helpful, they make you feel comfortable and they are always there for you in anything you need, we needed to go to a bank and had no car and the guy from the airport shuttle made us the favor of taking us there and wait for us, all staff members were amazing. The Shuttle to the airport was punctual and quick. The hotel its perfect for every kind of traveler, specially families, totally recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Ed1094,
Thanks so much for your amazing 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort on Tripadvisor. It is such a pleasure to read comments from someone who thoroughly enjoyed their stay at our AAA Four Diamond resort. I appreciate your taking time to submit your comments and 5-star review. We hope to see you again soon.
Best,

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Reviewed 22 May 2014

When I received my e-confirmation, the hotel listed the "average rate per night" which being in the hotel industry, I found very confusing. If there are different rates per night, that should be disclosed upfront to the guest, not giving the guest an average rate per night. My biggest disappointment was the spa. My facial was very nice but the spa waiting room was very small and could not accommodate comfortably all the guests waiting. The spa waiting room needs renovation and updating as there are no windows and therefore no natural light. The room did not add to the experience and in the hotel business, we sell experiences. Raz at the front desk was wonderful and provided great customer service. My husband was very pleased with the person who gave him his golf lesson.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdventureTraveler18
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We go here every year for a girls weekend. We love the spa and the outlet mall shopping. They closed the dinner resturant which was a disappointment so we had to eat in the bar both nights. Not terrible but not what we expected either.
The rooms are nice and well decorated and the view a lovely. Staff is always helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the Lansdowne Resort for a wedding recently. We booked our room as part of the wedding party but were given a room two floors away from everyone else. We asked for a king bed but were put in a room with two FULL sized beds.
Upon arrival we noticed a few dead bugs in the corners by the windows. They were crunchy, so I know they'd been there a while. On further inspection we noticed how dirty the rooms was. Small details like the picture frames and molding on the dressers were very dusty.
No one came to clean our room and when we called and asked for cleaning service, the front desk said, "Oh, you wanted us to come and clean?" as if it was a special request or something.
The beds are very uncomfortable and the in-room coffee was the worst I've ever had. The limited food options are expensive and not that great ($21.95 per person for breakfast buffet???). They have some nerve calling it a resort. We should have stayed at the Marriott for 1/2 the price and gotten better beds, cleaner rooms and FREE breakfast!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
1  Thank Karen H

Dear Karen H,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay, and believe me, those comments did not fall on deaf ears. Your experience is one we are not proud of, but understand that your comments are useful internally to correct such instances. On a positive note, we are planning a full rooms renovation in the coming year, so improvements on the way. Our Resort has earned AAA Four Diamond status in every year of our existence, so given the stringent requirements to attain such status, we are proud to serve our guests as a full-service resort. Thanks again for your feedback.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went here for a work conference, and was looking forward to staying at this hotel. However, I was very disappointed. First, I paid $30 for the airport shuttle, and when I arrived, it was standing room only. We arrived at the hotel and checked in, and I went to my room. At first look, it was fine. Then I realized that the floor was dirty, and there were bobby pins scattered around the room and the bathroom. I went to open the curtains, and was greeted by a large spider on the wall. Then, when I went to take a shower, I had to clean the hair out of the drain before I could. I voiced my concerns to TWO different employees at the front desk, but no word was ever heard from management or housekeeping. Other people at my conference had problems as well - no AC in the room, hair on the 'clean' sheets... Not only were the rooms dirty, but the staff made no effort to make the situation better. Way to expensive for that room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Best place to go relax after having sold my house and being crazy. We weren't quite ready to leave the area so we decided to stay at Lansdowne. The place is very relaxing and the food choices are good.

Room Tip: The rooms do not have a refrigerator so we couldn't keep things cold while we were there. The b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#1 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!