Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
US$168
Red Roof
US$183
US$164
Homewood
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North(Ashburn)(Great Value!)
US$217
Hotels.com
US$293
Homewood
US$193
Travelocity
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center(Dulles)(Great Value!)
US$185
2,165 results
All reviewsgolf courseriverside hearthgolf clubpotomac rivergirls weekendbreakfast buffetbusiness meetingbeautiful propertyfire pitfitness centerindoor pooldc areadulles airportweddingryecotonclubhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort for the first time after a wedding about two weeks ago. From the moment you walk in doors of this beautiful property, you are greeted by their extremely friendly staff, welcoming you, smiling and wondering how they can help. After easily making my way up the elevator instantly finding my room, I opened the door to a clean and organized room with a fantastic view Leesburg and the mountains in the distance. From the start of my stay until check out a few days later, I left extremely happy with the whole experience and would certainly recommend this resort to anyone staying in the Leesburg area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean D
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Sean D,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review on Tripadvisor for Lansdowne Resort. Sounds like you had a remarkable stay with us, and it is always a pleasure to read such glowing comments for our resort, and especially our hard working staff. Thanks again for the 5-star review and for spreading the word that Lansdowne Resort is a great place to escape for people in the DMV!
Warmest Regards,

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Reviewed 29 May 2014

In a nutshell: Everything is outdated and old, the rooms are overpriced and some are dirty, the food is expensive, the staff is rude, the beds are hard, and the pillows are flat.
Right off the bat, we were literally taken for a ride by the hotel. The shuttle service to the hotel is $50.00 per person to, and from, the airport. That’s a $200.000 round trip cost. We found out that a taxi is only $30.00 each way.
We stayed at the Lansdowne Resort for a wedding recently. We asked for a king bed but when we arrived at 2PM we were told only a room with two full sized beds was available. When we complained, we were told that we could wait until 4 PM (the official check in time) and see if one was available.
We booked our room as part of the wedding party so we ended up on the same floor as the other wedding guests. I had to pay extra because the only room with a king sized bed was a corner room. We had an excellent view of rooftops. My daughter who also booked as part of the wedding party was given a room two floors away from everyone else.
The beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat as a pancake. The room was dusty and we actually had to call room service to clean our room after it had not been touched for two days! The doors are so thin that you can her everything going on in the hall. I could also hear the people next door phones ringing.
The in-room coffee was the worst I've ever had. The limited food options are expensive and not that great. The choices were $12.50 per person for coffee and a Danish or $21.95 per person for a breakfast buffet. Did I mention that the closest place to eat outside of the hotel is five miles away? We could have stayed at the Marriott, as some of the guests did, for 1/2 the price with better beds, cleaner rooms and a free breakfast!
Crooked Billet and Pub 46 both share a common room separated by a wide doorway. We were a party of five (four adults and one for year old child) and wanted to sit in Pub 46, which has a cheaper menu. They said we were too big a party to seat there as their tables only sat four people. If we wanted to eat lunch, we would have to be seated at the Crooked Billet and pay almost twice the price for food from the same kitchen.
The wedding part had a special gathering at Stonewalls Tavern the night of the wedding after the reception. The drinks were overpriced ($180.00 for three glasses of wine and a bar pie.) The the service was slow and lousy, the server had an attitude, and the rest of the people in the bar section were loud, and obscene. At one point people not with the wedding party were coming into our area and eating our food. When we complained to the server he shrugged his shoulders and said "You go tell those drunks they can't have your food. I don't need a black eye."

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Antaeus B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I actually stayed here because I volunteered to give up my seat (in exchange for a travel voucher of course) on the last flight from Dulles Airport to Frankfurt, Germany. So the airline put me up in this hotel for the night, and it was delightful. The room was huge, the service was so friendly, and since I had time to spare, I treated myself to room service. Not only was the food delicious, it was brought by the nicest person! I wish I knew his name so I could tell the hotel directly how curteous and professional he was. I would have loved to stay longer and experience the 12,000 sq foot spa this place has!! I can't wait to go back here one day and make a long weekend out of it!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor right outside the elevator, it had NO view, I mean literally I was looking on top of a gravel roof, but the room was super quiet, very clean, very big and I don't have a single complaint!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here in early April for a week for a business/leadership conference. The grounds are beautiful and the golf season had just started. It is a busy hotel for conferences due to the conference centre that is attached. Overall, I would give the hotel a 3.5-4 out of 5. Here are some highlights:

ROOM: A standard room that was clean and comfortable. I had an in-room coffee maker and coffee, but no pot, so I never used it. Maid service was reliable daily. Nothing overly special. Bed and linens were clean and comfortable as well. There was an on-going issue with my key for the door and had to have it replaced 5 times over 7 days. A little inconvenient as I was on the top floor and at the very end of the hallway, furthest from the elevator.

SERVICE: The staff strive for excellent customer service, but I found it inconsistent. Some staff were great and always willing to help, others were indifferent.

FOOD: I ate in each of the restaurants at some point during my stay. The salad bar in the buffet restaurant was always fresh and tasty. The food in the bar was average at best. Service in the bar was also very average.

CONFERENCE SERVICES: Conference rooms were well appointed and break out snacks for the conference were healthy and plentiful. The concierge services for the conference section were excellent as they helped me get a package sorted out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Do your research before booking here. We attended a company meeting so we didn't have control of where to stay. Rooms were not cleaned each day, had to call housekeeping to get someone to come, and then they showed up at 5:00 pm Bottom sheets on their bed didn't go completely to the bottom of the mattress so you are sleeping on the mattress pad where other feet have been, very unsanitary. Rooms are very dark, service is very poor. Poolside is dirty, birds have messed on most all lounges and chairs. Well over rated. Look at Yelp ratings, most all are rated a one star!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sharingdogs

Dear sharingdogs,
I wanted to address your comments directly. First, we value all of our guests, especially conference attendees as this sector of our business is what has made Lansdowne a success and shining star in the meetings business for 24 years. We are an IACC-certified facility, so we have earned our place in the industry. With that being said, your experience is not one we enjoy hearing about and I can assure you, it has been addressed. Whether here on business, or leisure, our goal is 100 percent satisfaction. On the seldom occasions where we appear to fall short, we do everything internally to ensure it does not happen again. Thanks again for your comments.

James J. Horsman