“Great conference hotel”

Lansdowne Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed 17 June 2014

In terms of facilities, cleanliness, and staff, this is one of the better conference hotels that I've been to. The meeting rooms are comfortable and they do a nice job with food and drinks. The bar is big and has pool tables and other games. The only downside is that it is far from the city, but that can be a good thing if you want conference attendees to stick around and socialize with each other.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Dear Lansdowne,

I recently had the privilege of staying in your resort hotel for two nights. During that time I failed to check out of one room, and spent my wedding night in another. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and was willing to forgive my idiocy by understanding me as a person instead of a number.
The amenities were fabulous. A Keurig coffee maker in each room, full length mirrors, very respectable complimentary toiletries, and an overall welcoming atmosphere made my experience here free of stress and comfortable.
There is a very nice bar that I would recommend to anyone for late night dinner or cocktails. I don't recommend leaving your credit card behind as I did. During checkout we enjoyed chatting with other residents who were also on their way to wedding events, and the staff was kind enough to let us use a bellhop cart to move our items our to the car.
I would recommend this resort hotel to any wedding party or vacationers looking to spend a peaceful night in beautiful northern VA.

P.S. your elevator is fast.

Room Tip: The penthouse. I recommend the Penthouse with the grand balcony. For serious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear cynicskeptic,
Given your handle on Tripadvisor, we are honored that your experience at Lansdowne Resort was worthy of a great 5-star review. We appreciate your kinds words about the resort and our staff and we hope if your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia, you will consider staying with us again. Congratulations on your recent nuptials and best of luck for an amazing life!

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Loved everything about our stay! I've had the privilege of staying at this beautiful resort multiple times and the service couldn't be better. We were (very) late arriving this time around and they could not have been more accommodating to get us to our room quickly. Since we arrived late, we sat at the bar to grab a quick dinner and the food (and drinks) were fantastic. Luckily, we got beautiful weather so we were able to golf and use the pools, my only regret is that I didn't try the spa this time around! I expect every hotel to be clean and the staff to be polite, but Lansdowne went above and beyond to make sure our stay was fabulous. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently stayed at Lansdowne for a one-night "spa stay-cation" with a good friend who I wanted to treat to a pre-natal massage and relaxation by the pool. We had a great time and especially appreciated the incredibly warm and welcoming customer service throughout the resort. EVERY staff member we interacted with was friendly and positive. Other nice aspects of the stay: The pool areas are great and are differentiated well- there's a lively family pool with a water slide for those with kids and a quieter adults only pool. Also, every meal we had was good, including chicken salad and pina coladas by the pool, a great buffet breakfast, and a light dinner at the pub restaurant below the lobby. The spa was also a treat. We did not reserve in time to get massages, but received a great facial instead. We would definitely recommend Lansdowne and will be returning soon for another stay.

Room Tip: Units facing the golf club have nice views of the course and family pool.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed two nights for a Wine Competition Conference.
The staff was the friendliest we ever had anywhere we have ever stayed at!
Our room was nice on the fourth floor with a view of the golf course. It was very clean, and bathroom huge.
The food the hotel provided for the conference was excellent.
The pools were very nice and we liked there was one for adults only.
The only thing we didn't like was the mandatory resort fee, but lots of hotel are now charging them.
We would recommend staying there and it is an excellent venue for a conference.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear jmjbrtw,
Thank you so much for taking time to submit a great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort. As a Tripadvisor Top Contributor, we understand you travel quite a bit and visit many hotels and resorts. For you to award Lansdowne Resort a 5-star review is much appreciated and valued. Our Northern Virginia conference resort is IACC-certified and recognized as one of the premier facilities in the Mid-Atlantic. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting the WineMakers Conference and we hope to see everyone, including you, again soon.
Warmest Regards,

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a great stay at the Lansdowne this past weekend for a conference I was attending. The room was very nice with a great view of the golf course and partial view of the Potomac. It seems that the higher up, the better. I was on the 8th floor. Service was excellent, from maids to bar staff to conference and food-service workers.
I needed to ship a package for the conference, since I only had a carry-on, and the package was waiting in my room when I arrived.
The resort has a number of swimming pools, including an indoor lap-pool which I took advantage of. There are two small jacuzzis, one indoor one outdoor.
The airport shuttle is a nice benefit, but I would only recommend it if you're traveling by yourself. The price for one person ($30) is about the cost of a taxi. So if you have more than one, take a taxi and split it.
There were a couple restaurants at the resort, but I'd take advantage of the surrounding area (like Leesburg) as there are some really good finds. I ate at Palio, an Italian place that was really good.
All in all, great stay, friendly staff, nice location. I'd recommended it.

Room Tip: Higher up, facing the club house.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Lansdowne Resort for the weekend of May 16. My best friend was getting married, and I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid by her side through all the festivities. The resort staff was more than accommodating with every request we had. Imagine the amount of people milling around with a bridal party of almost twenty attendants. The management helped direct other guests to our room and made sure that we had everything we needed when heading out to the venue.

On a more personal note, during the shuffle to get over to the venue my electric toothbrush got left behind. After the reception, I returned to find it missing. I headed down to the front desk to see if anyone had picked it up. Lo and behold there it was! They looked all over at almost midnight to find it.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#4 of 7 in Leesburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!