“Good, secluded venue”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leesburg
The National Conference Center
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a venue where you can have your attendees somewhat secluded then this is a good option. There are meeting faculties and meal packages that can be arranged with the room accommodations - a real convenience when you don't want to loose your crowd de to meal time. The rooms are small dorm style rooms so don't expect a true hotel environment. Even so there are some recreational facilities and a bar on-site for after hours relaxation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
NCCmeet, Director of Sales at The National Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The National Conference Center. Because the overall guest experience is our top priority, we are very happy that NCC was able to provide a distraction-free environment for your meeting.
Please feel free to contact me at sales@conferencecenter.com if you need any additional information about NCC. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Remote is a good beginning descriptor. When you come here it is to STAY at the meeting! The meeting facilities are good. The rooms, however, are best described as "spartan". Mt room was clean and provided the basic amenities, but that's it. Hotel staff was friendly, but front desk was slow and understaffed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler1959-123

Thank you so much for your review. The National Conference Center is a distraction-free environment to ensure that guests are getting the most out of their training. Because, the overall guest experience is our top priority, we appreciate you making us aware of your issue with the front desk staffing. I have shared your concerns with our team and we are currently working to address this issue.

Please feel free to contact me at sales@conferencecenter.com should you have any additional concerns.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The only reason this place continues to exist is the fallout from the GSA conference scandal. Federal agencies are terrified to go to any destination that could even remotely be considered pleasant, hence breathing new life into the concrete monstrosity that is the NCC. Absent the morbid fear of being accused of wasting government money on junkets, this place would die an ignominious death, mourned by none.

How could I begin to enumerate the NCC's shortcomings? Maybe the simplest thing to say is that there is absolutely nothing - no, not one thing - good about this place.

The architecture and interiors are nothing short of a Minotaurian maze (bring bread crumbs to help find your way back from the cavernous bowels of the NCC). Who's ever heard of a three-part room number? Also bring a blindfold, or at least rose-colored glasses to distract you from the prison-like decor. Bring a doggie bag from last night's Applebee's dinner to avoid the overcooked, uniformly mediocre, and briefly served food, as well as your own cocktail shaker in order to bypass the overpriced and depressing bar that smells like old wet industrial carpeting. Amenities? What amenities? Remember to download your own movies onto your laptop, as you will need something to pass the time, and since the WiFi service is barely functional, don't count on any streaming services. I couldn't even watch a 30 second YouTube clip without frequent pauses. The service can charitably be described as - at best - indifferent. Cleanliness? There were long black hairs strewn strategically around my room. The little basket in the bathroom had a razor cover and bottle cap from the last inmate to occupy my cell. Need I go on? Location? Middle of nowhere. No car? You're stuck.

Want examples? Check out the pictures of my cell (the Anasazi cliff dwellers had more spacious living quarters), the new-fangled flat-panel television which tuned many channels (although oddly, even as the channel number changed, the actual channel did not), and the Soviet nursing home public space decor. Service? What service? I asked engineering to look at my very noisy air conditioner. Their response? "Well, yeah, it makes noise, but it cools OK, so we won't do anything about it. Try another room." No other cell-rooms were available. Want breakfast? Better get there before they stop serving at 8:30AM.

Think I'm being too critical of this place? I think I'm not being critical enough. But it you don't believe me, by all means, try it out for yourself. May God be with you.

Room Tip: The best rooms in the house are at the Landsdowne Resort, only a few short minutes away. Last I che...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Nick C
NCCmeet, Director of Sales at The National Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience and have shared your feedback with our team.

The National Conference Center is a distraction-free environment to ensure that guests are getting the most out of their training. The overall guest experience is our top priority. We appreciate you making us aware of your issue. Our goal is to provide clean, crisp and comfortable accommodations and we routinely have guest rooms deep cleaned and maintained by a professionally trained team. We will also have our technical support team look into any possible Wi-Fi concerns.

Please feel free to contact us at sales@conferencecenter.com should you have any additional concerns.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was my first, and frankly, my last stay at this facility. As the others have noted it is a large and spread out former business building which has been re-tasked as a meeting center. My room was completely nondescript and extremely small for a five day stay. The food availability may be good for attendees, but if you can't leave the expo hall during the limited hours food is available your only other choice is to drive somewhere else. Room service is not available at all.
On the positive side, the staff were all very friendly and helpful which made the stay more comfortable. Do allow extra time if you are using taxi's to get around since they have to find the place and my average wait for one was 30+ minutes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
NCCmeet, Director of Sales at The National Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review The National Conference Center. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was an unpleasant one.

Our European-style rooms are designed to encourage guests to explore common areas and get the most out of their training experience. We are currently exploring alternative food options and ways to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have been at this conference center for meetings several times before and, although spread out and difficult to navigate, it is a good meeting place.

This was the first time I actually stayed for several nights at the "sleeping part" - often referred to as a hotel, but colleagues have called it "the compound" and now I know why.

If you have ever been in the military or prison, and liked the sleeping arrangements, you will love this place!

Finding your room is a challenge...other reviewers have told the horror stories of the many buildings and maze of halls with confusing signage. Sometimes you have to walk outside, no matter what the weather, other times it seems like you are in an underground bunker, walking stark halls wide enough to drive a golf cart (and you will wish you had one after getting lost).

Once you find what they they call a guest room, if you are claustrophobic or have more than one person in the room, you will run out screaming. I am not even sure what size the bed is, but I am not that big and it just fits me and takes up most of the room.

If your bathroom door is open, you cannot open your room door - that is how small it is. Try to find a place to open the ironing board - good luck! And check you room door - a colleague was able to use the Do Not Disturb hanger to open the door by pushing into the door gap (he reported it).

There is no decor - again it is an army barrack or prison cell, take your pick.

The bathroom has no counter space and a toilet with no lid (which is unsanitary and because there is no counter you will drop things into it like toiletries or towels). The shower ceiling is so low I could reach up slightly and touch the ceiling....anyone over 5'10", good luck.

The worst part, yes there is a worst part, is the dining, or lack thereof. One dining hall with long tables and buffet lines and only specific hours you can eat (again, think prison). I got in at 2pm on a week day and had not eaten since early morning because of travel - there was no food in the entire place and no dinner until evening mealtime.

If you do not have a car, you will not eat (there are places within a mile, but you cannot walk due to construction, so you need a car).

They have a bar, but that doesn't open until 7pm, so if you finish meetings early and want something before the mandated dinner serving time, you cannot have a drink, of anything.

And for all the people that rated this place citing the beautiful grounds - wait until you go back. They sold a lot of the property where a high school is being built, so it is a construction mess.

And I guess the final icing on this mess of a cake is the room rate. If it was $50 to $90, I would understand, you get what you pay for; but our "special rate" of almost $200 a night is insane.

I am sure there is more I am missing, but I think you get the point.

I know I will be back for meetings, but I will stay at a nearby hotel, because the worst hotel would be better than this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CinciJeff

Our European style rooms are designed to encourage guests to explore common areas and get the most out of their training experience. We offer our guests detailed mapping upon arrival and are currently considering options for navigating throughout our property. We are also exploring alternative food options and ways to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was recently attending training at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, Virginia. It was only 15 - 20 mins away from the Washington Dulles International Airport. I had arranged a shuttle service to pick me up from the airport to take me to the Conference Center (It was just $20.00 one way). The driver was very pleasant, and arrived early so he was waiting for us, which was really nice because it was so cool and windy outside the airport. When we arrived at the hotel Faith helped us with out check in as well as arranged around check out date and time and out scheduled shuttle service from the Conference Center back to the airport. She also answered our questions about taxi services, distances & travel times to Washington DC and Tysons Corner.
This Conference Center is HUGE. It has 3 buildings all of which are interconnected via a network of tunnels located on level 2 of each building. This is so the guest and the staff can travel between each building efficiently without braving the elements outside. I go lost plenty of times, but that was because I did not carry around my map. There are signs, very helpful signs that point the way.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner were all included with our stay. They have an all encompassing fitness center, full service post office/ mailroom (so convenient). They have front desk services 24/7 and Charles "Chuuk" and Jamil were both excellent employees.
I believe the cost to stay there per night is $50.00. They have a lot of malls or "town centers" in the area. Our favorite was Tysons Corner which was about 30 mins away and Washington DC was just a 40-45 min drive from the Conference Center. I did not get a chance to visit the Leesburg Corner, but I do recommend going there. I'm sure the Conference Center is more beautiful in the Spring and Summer. When my heater broke Chuuk upgraded us to a Deluxe or Suite at no extra cost, and Jamil checked on the room in advance to ensure that it was ready and perfect. If you are staying at the conference center I would recommend upgrading your single room to a deluxe suite, It's worth the expense. Please be sure to view my pics of the center. More Photos to follow.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTravelerGuam
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here as part of a corporate recruiting process. Interviews were conducted on site.

Unfortunately the rooms are pretty small. They feature all of the standard fare, but are nothing fancy. The campus is very large and easy to get lost in. You will need to play close attention to the map you are given.

Getting into and out of the hotel is interesting too, especially at night. easy to get lost driving around on the long dark winding roads in the dark.

Overall, very strange place. Nothing terribly wrong with it, but you will most likely know if you have to stay here for an event or something.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NCCmeet, Public Relations Manager at The National Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review NCC. Our rooms are European style, to encourage guests to get the most of their training and connect with other attendees. We take our feedback very seriously and will continue to find ways for our guests to better navigate throughout our property.