“The wine may be better if you had enough to taste!”
Review of Fabbioli Cellars

Fabbioli Cellars
Ranked #5 of 81 things to do in Leesburg
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stopped here based on a recommendation from another winery. The food paring was 15 dollars, a bit steep, but thought we would give it a try. We were told sip, taste and sip. Sip was an understatement. There was barely enough wine to wet the bottom of the glass. I suggested to the server that perhaps a wee bit more in the glass may be appropriate, but that only resulted in less wine. I wish I could have measured the amount of wine. I am guessing maybe 3-4 cc's of wine. The food portions were minute. The piece of asparagus was less than 1/3 long, yet they boasted they raised their own asparagus. The wine was good for the most part, but 45 dollars a bottle is a bit much.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"beautiful facility"
"each month"

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have been several times over the years, 1st few times a great experience. Good wine, nice location, but we will not return. There are just too many good wineries in NoVa that are accommodating with friendly staff. I have not been since the Fall of 2013, so hopefully Fabbioli has received similar feedback and adjusted.

2  Thank TravelTime4Us
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Returning from a trip to Lucketts Design House we spotted the sign for Fabbioli Cellars and said, "Let's Go!" Hidden away down a winding unpaved road, this winery offers excellent wines in an attractive setting. I chose to skip the wine tasting and opted instead for a glass of "Something White" to enjoy on the comfy lawn furniture. This winery leans pretty heavily in the direction of reds and while I enjoyed my glass of white, I've had better white wines elsewhere. I purchased a bottle of the 2011 Cabernet Franc to enjoy at home. I can see why they favor reds here. This was a really good, tasty red with a mild finish and nothing bitter lurking. Well worth the visit. We will return and have the red next time! This is a great place for couples, friends, and family who enjoy getting together in the outdoors with a nice wine and some snacks. You can also take a tour of the vineyards and farm. We did not have time the day we visited, but plan on taking the tour when we return.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've been a Fabbioli fan for 5+ years now, especially the raspberry merlot. However, I went to the tasting room with my family last fall and was sad to see the experience had changed. It had been several years since I went out to the tasting room, so i'm not sure when the atmosphere changed, but it did. When you walk in, you are queued up for the tasting tables. Waiting in a waiting room to go in. I understand the challenge of wineries in VA--trying to manage a lot of people especially on nice weekends can be difficult. However, it didn't feel accomodating, it felt pretentious. And $15 for a tasting is pretty pricey--even with the small bites. In my opinion, walk in and buy the wines you like or think you'll like (or buy them at one of the local farmer's markets), and skip the tasting experience.

1  Thank shortydips24