“Despite my problem, it was nice accommodation”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was my second time in Leesburg and I chose to switch to comfort suites because of the positive reviews. It was hard find a room, although I started one month early. Finally I booked a room for 2 nights. I called the hotel after collecting my baggage to send the shuttle which was in the time as promised by the hotel front desk. I reached the hotel around 11:30 am to discover that my room was not ready because the previous guest just checked out before my arrival. The hotel was fully booked because of “cherry blossom”. I figured out why I could not find room easily. So I spent happy time doing shopping in the premium outlets. I returned to the hotel to find my room was organized and cleaned. However, I did not like that it is on the first floor but I can imagine how busy it was. A problem happened on the second day at the morning when I was sleeping when I waked up suddenly because of small leakage of the ceiling from strange location. I called the front desk immediately. After 2 minutes there was someone in my room trying to contain the drops and then went to solve the problem. The drops stopped after 15-20 minutes. Then a maintenance man came to my room to see exactly where the problem was. After 30 minutes he came to do some follow up and give an apology. The hotel gave me complimentary snacks and beers as an apology. As a management consultant, I know that there are daily problems but the most important is the responsiveness to those problems. I can say that the way the people behave is excellent, even though it was irritating. The whole staff is really friendly and supportive. I would like to come again when I come to Leesburg.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor because it is noisy and avoid room on swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mo2men
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear International Traveler,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. I was happy to hear that you picked our hotel through positive reviews on-line.

Customer service is of upmost importance to me, I tell my staff it's not so much that an issue occurs, it's how you overcome the issue. This certainly rang true during your stay. The guest two floors above you had placed a glass in the sink to fill it up and left the water running while he took a phone call. The maintenance staffed knocked on the guest door and found the guest still on the phone and the water still running in the sink. The guest was on the third floor, so you can only imagine the damage on the second floor, given you were on the first. I was happy to hear my staff was able to fix the problem quickly and with out further incident.

I would like to apologize for the water leak you experienced during your stay, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to fix the problem. It is only through guests feedback that we are able to maintain the quality and service at our property.

If I can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to give me a call. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

High marks because of the staff.
I talked with Riley to book a reservation for two rooms. Extremely professional, friendly and helpful young man.
We were attending a beer-pairing dinner at a local restaurant and knew we had no business on the road after dinner. Riley worked through the manager to arrange a shuttle to pick us up at the restaurant and deposit us at the hotel.
Everything worked as advertised and we had a good time.
This little hotel is clean and affordable. The "big-guys" could learn from this staff. Well done!!
Are you listening Amy??

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hi Marty,

Riley is amazing, he has been a great addition to our team. Customer service is very important to me and I love when my staff is able to provide exceptional service. They are opening several more breweries here in Loudoun so we hope to see you back in the near future. McDowell's Brew Kitchen and Leesburg Brewing are just a quick shuttle trip from the hotel.

I am always listening, and love the feedback regarding your visit. If you have any questions, or if I can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to give me a call. Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

As a loyal Comfort Suites customer, this hotel has spacious rooms, clean and quiet with dedicated and friendly staff. I will always choose this hotel any time I visit the DC metro. Fridge and microwave are standard with complementary breakfast is a plus.

Room Tip: staff stand ready to answer all questions.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Loyal Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Staff is key to a great hotel, and we have a friendly group of guest service agents here at the hotel. It is always nice to have staff that are from the area, it helps to provide a better level of service.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Leesburg. Have a great week.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was so impressed by this hotel. It's so much more than the price point would lead you to expect. The check-in staff was lovely, and the breakfast attendants were totally on top of everything. The physical plant is in great shape. The bathrooms are full of granite, and there are special touches like a free water bottle in the fridge (and as we see fewer fridges even in upper scale hotel, I was really glad to have a fridge). I had no idea that Comfort was on such an upswing!

Room Tip: There's a pool side and a non-pool side. Take your pick.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi Jane,

I have a great staff here at the hotel, so thank you for taking the time to point them out. Comfort Suites Leesburg is not your typical Comfort property. We have a few upgrades that are not found in the brand. The granite, marble and Executive King Whirlpool Suites are unique to our property.
We are always looking for ways to offer a little more.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I hope if you are in the area in the future, you will come back and stay with us again. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I choose this hotel as my accommodations while taking in the burgeoning brewery scene in Loudoun County, VA. Check in was quick and easy and the room was reasonably priced, spacious, and well kept. I particularly appreciated the amenities provided, including a fridge, a small but useful fitness room, and free shuttle service. The shuttle (available until 11 pm on weekends) particularly came in handy while visiting the nearby historic downtown to enjoy the fine restaurants and bars when the recent snowfall resulted in poor walking conditions.

If you don’t have the time or inclination to travel downtown, there are coffee shops, fast food and chain restaurants, and convenience stores within a stone’s throw.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Prestige,

We will soon have a few more breweries to go with the 40+ Wineries Loudoun is home to. It looks another visit to the Comfort Suites Leesburg is in your future!

McDowell's Brew Kitchen, Vintage 50, and Leesburg Brewing Company are all just a complimentary shuttle trip from the hotel.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your visit, I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Staff great on phone.Good location. Quiet. Well supplied breakfast. Good workout room. I would go back anytime I'm in their area. They have special rates for Patrick Henry College business. It is less than an hour from downtown DC.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Elmer,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We have a great sight seeing package with Reston Limo that will take you to DC to see all the monuments. The Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum is another great location just 15 minutes from the Comfort Suites.

I am happy to hear you had a great visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a great weekend.

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
6 mi away
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Best Western Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!