“Nice, clean rooms and a very friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Leesburg

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Northern Virginia
“Nice, clean rooms and a very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

There wasn't quite enough room at my house so when my mother and aunt came to visit, so I set them up at the Comfort Suites in Leesburg. All three of us couldn't have been happier. The room was extremely clean, well appointed with everything they would need for their stay and nicely sized for the two of them. Best of all was the friendly and personal attention they received from the staff at every interaction. Each time I picked my mother up to go somewhere, she would tell me a story about some small act of acknowledgement or kindness that the staff had done for her that day. Extra towels, an extra trip up to empty her trash can, a dinner recommendation, directions... and just being acknowledged with a cheerful greeting each time she left or returned to the lobby. That made me feel better about having her in a hotel, rather than with us. I know that on her next visit, she will be delighted to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Nancy,

I am so glad we were able to be your home away from home for your mother during her resent visit to Leesburg. I am very lucky to have such an amazing staff! I ask my staff to treat our guests, as they would a guest in their home, and they happily oblige every time, after all you are guests in our Comfort Suites Leesburg home.

We hope to see your mother and family back for many future visit to come. Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We decided to stay here on a weekend trip to a friends wedding in May 2014. We booked about a week before the trip. Reserved the jacuzzi suite for one night. The room was very nice, spacious, clean and comfortable. There was a mini kitchen w/2 burner stove and fridge, Coffee pot, microwave. Dinette seating area for two. Living area with flat screen tv, couch, table and desk area. Bedroom area with another flat screen tv, comfortable linens, extra pillows. Bathroom was huge with large enough size jacuzzi tub for two.
We checked in pretty late (around 11pm) Check in was quick and easy. Check in staff was very nice. We were located across from the elevators and I was a little concerned about hallway noise. But we heard nothing. The bedroom area in this suite actually has the bathroom between it and the hallway...so no outside noise was heard. There is also a digital thermostat which helped keep the room a good temperature.
Morning Breakfast was great. It was stocked with yogurt, cereals, fruits, eggs, bacon, waffle makers, toasts, pastries, coffee, juices.
We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites-a must for the extra $. Very quiet suites.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear River Girl,

I love opening a review that says "Great Hotel and will stay again"! My goal is to have all of our guest leave the Comfort Suites Leesburg with the same experience you had during your recent visit.

The Executive King Jacuzzi Suite is my favorite room in the hotel. The extra space to spread out, make a quick bite, or just relax in the Jacuzzi bath is always a plus. We have great getaway packages in our Suites in the event you find yourself back in Leesburg in the future. Leesburg is home to 40+ wineries, historic homes, and of course amazing destination restaurants.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Comfort Suites is by far the most customer-service oriented hotel on the planet. We
recently made reservations for a block of rooms for our wedding guests from Scotland and from many states in the USA. From the first hello to the last goodbye, our guests were treated like treasured friends. The staff at the Comfort Suites couldn't do enough for them or for us. They even got me through a teary "mother of the bride" moment that came out of the blue.

The van service is amazing and available as needed. We ran into a bit of a snag one night for one of the pre-parties, and Amy, the manager said "c'mon, I'll get the van and take you". They sent the van back to pick up guests after the event, and were just so flexible, we couldn't believe it.

All of our guests were thrilled with their rooms, the breakfast, the pool and whirlpool and the kind service. The staff just couldn't do enough for all of them. They are genuinely interested in their guests and will do anything to make the stay a great one.

Many, many thanks to all of the staff and we will always direct family and friends to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are spotless and just great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Apron Strings,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your families experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg, I must say you have an amazing family! We are your home away from home, so we try to be as accommodating as we can, whenever we can. Customer service is always my first priority and my staff does a great job of making everyone feel like home.

I was happy to be your shuttle driver for the evening. I have had the pleasure of working with hundreds of wedding parties over the years but it always much more enjoyable when you have such a great group of people to work with. Your mother provided us with our morning laugh everyday, often telling us a fun story.

Thanks once again for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I hope to see you back again for a relaxing weekend, minus the stress of planning a wedding. I look forward to having your family stay with us again in the near future, don't forget we are a great place for family reunions too!

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you soon!

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was my second time in Leesburg and I chose to switch to comfort suites because of the positive reviews. It was hard find a room, although I started one month early. Finally I booked a room for 2 nights. I called the hotel after collecting my baggage to send the shuttle which was in the time as promised by the hotel front desk. I reached the hotel around 11:30 am to discover that my room was not ready because the previous guest just checked out before my arrival. The hotel was fully booked because of “cherry blossom”. I figured out why I could not find room easily. So I spent happy time doing shopping in the premium outlets. I returned to the hotel to find my room was organized and cleaned. However, I did not like that it is on the first floor but I can imagine how busy it was. A problem happened on the second day at the morning when I was sleeping when I waked up suddenly because of small leakage of the ceiling from strange location. I called the front desk immediately. After 2 minutes there was someone in my room trying to contain the drops and then went to solve the problem. The drops stopped after 15-20 minutes. Then a maintenance man came to my room to see exactly where the problem was. After 30 minutes he came to do some follow up and give an apology. The hotel gave me complimentary snacks and beers as an apology. As a management consultant, I know that there are daily problems but the most important is the responsiveness to those problems. I can say that the way the people behave is excellent, even though it was irritating. The whole staff is really friendly and supportive. I would like to come again when I come to Leesburg.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor because it is noisy and avoid room on swimming pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mo2men
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear International Traveler,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. I was happy to hear that you picked our hotel through positive reviews on-line.

Customer service is of upmost importance to me, I tell my staff it's not so much that an issue occurs, it's how you overcome the issue. This certainly rang true during your stay. The guest two floors above you had placed a glass in the sink to fill it up and left the water running while he took a phone call. The maintenance staffed knocked on the guest door and found the guest still on the phone and the water still running in the sink. The guest was on the third floor, so you can only imagine the damage on the second floor, given you were on the first. I was happy to hear my staff was able to fix the problem quickly and with out further incident.

I would like to apologize for the water leak you experienced during your stay, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to fix the problem. It is only through guests feedback that we are able to maintain the quality and service at our property.

If I can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to give me a call. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Heathsville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

High marks because of the staff.
I talked with Riley to book a reservation for two rooms. Extremely professional, friendly and helpful young man.
We were attending a beer-pairing dinner at a local restaurant and knew we had no business on the road after dinner. Riley worked through the manager to arrange a shuttle to pick us up at the restaurant and deposit us at the hotel.
Everything worked as advertised and we had a good time.
This little hotel is clean and affordable. The "big-guys" could learn from this staff. Well done!!
Are you listening Amy??

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hi Marty,

Riley is amazing, he has been a great addition to our team. Customer service is very important to me and I love when my staff is able to provide exceptional service. They are opening several more breweries here in Loudoun so we hope to see you back in the near future. McDowell's Brew Kitchen and Leesburg Brewing are just a quick shuttle trip from the hotel.

I am always listening, and love the feedback regarding your visit. If you have any questions, or if I can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to give me a call. Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

As a loyal Comfort Suites customer, this hotel has spacious rooms, clean and quiet with dedicated and friendly staff. I will always choose this hotel any time I visit the DC metro. Fridge and microwave are standard with complementary breakfast is a plus.

Room Tip: staff stand ready to answer all questions.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Loyal Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Staff is key to a great hotel, and we have a friendly group of guest service agents here at the hotel. It is always nice to have staff that are from the area, it helps to provide a better level of service.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Leesburg. Have a great week.

Churchton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was so impressed by this hotel. It's so much more than the price point would lead you to expect. The check-in staff was lovely, and the breakfast attendants were totally on top of everything. The physical plant is in great shape. The bathrooms are full of granite, and there are special touches like a free water bottle in the fridge (and as we see fewer fridges even in upper scale hotel, I was really glad to have a fridge). I had no idea that Comfort was on such an upswing!

Room Tip: There's a pool side and a non-pool side. Take your pick.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hi Jane,

I have a great staff here at the hotel, so thank you for taking the time to point them out. Comfort Suites Leesburg is not your typical Comfort property. We have a few upgrades that are not found in the brand. The granite, marble and Executive King Whirlpool Suites are unique to our property.
We are always looking for ways to offer a little more.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I hope if you are in the area in the future, you will come back and stay with us again. Have a great weekend.

Comfort Suites Leesburg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!