“Ride and Stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here while riding the C&O trail, and took advantage of their free shuttle from White's Ferry. (Tip: book directly with the hotel for a lower Ride and Stay rate.) They treated us well from start to finish. The room was nice, the breakfast was good, and the indoor hot tub and pool was just what was needed after a long day of bicycling. A very comfortable and nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Ride and Stay Guest,

We would like to thank you for booking our "Ride and Stay Package". I love the outdoors and the Ride and Stay Package is one of my favorites, and just one of 8 different packages we offer at the hotel. Discounted rates on packages are always available when calling the hotel directly and we have great suggestions on what to see and do while in town too.

I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy the pool during your stay, it is great for a little relaxation after a long days ride.

We hope to see you again in the future. Leesburg has a variety of historic attractions, wineries, and restaurants perfect for a second visit. The W&OD Trail directly behind the hotel also makes for a great ride. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The room was very big, as was the bathroom. The room was very reasonably priced and the continental breakfast was a nice touch, although the breakfast was barebones. However, when we first walked into the room, there was a weird, musty smell. My friend requested for a room change, but they told us that they were all booked for the night, but did agree to shampoo the carpet. We came back and it was slightly better...
There was also a popcorn machine, but there never seemed to any popcorn when we went by...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mychell_w
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the odor in your room when you arrived, I am happy to hear the shampooing of the carpet made the conditions better for you.

The Executive Suite does provide more space than is typically found in most hotels and the bathroom is a great size. The Jacuzzi bath is perfect for a relaxing soak.

We currently have 35+ offerings on our breakfast buffet which is double what Choice requires us to have. We have added 4 fresh fruit options, made to order waffles, assorted pastries, muffins, croissants, cereals and of course our hot offerings, which rotate daily. We are working to offer a different variety in the future.

I hope if you are in our area again, you will come back and stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here while we were cycling the C & O. The room was clean and comfortable. It had the amenities we needed, including coin-op laundry. Breakfast was not particularly interesting. The location is convenient for cyclists who are going to ride the W&OD bike path, but it is about a mile from the historic center of town and the nicer restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N0dell

Dear Cyclist,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and were able to take advantage of our Ride and Stay Package. The C&O and W&OD Trail are perfect for guests looking for a biking adventure.

The laundry room is a great amenity one I often look for when traveling myself. It's always nice to be able to wash a few cloths for the next days adventure. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this great amenity.

We are making a few changes to our breakfast offerings adding both Gluten Free and Soy Milk along with a few new items.

I hope if you are in the area again in the future that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived at White's Ferry and requested the hotel shuttle service. We had one bike that has a step-through frame (no top bar). If your bike rack relies on using the top bar to mount the bike, you need to have a frame adapter bar or you can't transport the bike. They didn't have a frame adapter bar, but the driver removed the bike's front wheel and put the bike inside the van. Very nice! Going back to the ferry in the morning, we advised the front desk ahead of time and the morning driver removed one of the van's seats to accommodate the bike. We really appreciated that. I did recommend that the hotel get a Top Tube Frame Adapter to make life easier for them. They aren't expensive and would save a lot of time and work for the drivers.

When we first arrived with 11 bikes in the group, the van driver went in and found a meeting room that was not scheduled for anything and allowed us to store the bikes in there for the night. I opted to keep mine with me in the room and no one objected to that.

We enjoyed sitting on the back patio after dinner for a bit. They had cookies and popcorn in the lobby for snacks too.

They had a tall spigot on the water fountain that worked great for filling our water bottles.

The hotel room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was pretty much the standard offerings. They had very good hot biscuits. I didn't try the gravy but others in the group seemed to enjoy it. Everything was fresh and there were plenty of choices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Retired Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent ride into Leesburg. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our Ride and Stay Package. We have added a few new features to our package this month which include discount passes to George Marshall's Leesburg Home, Historic Oatlands, Morven Park, and of course wine tasting.

We found many of our groups were retired and were looking for activities in each of the towns they stopped in. A complimentary shuttle is now included to all the Historical Attractions, Shopping, Wine Tasting, Dining, and even a grab and go lunch for the next days ride on the trail.

I hope if you make to our area in the future, that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you ride through our doors soon!

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

i was happy with the room. It was large and an excellent value for the price. The location was convenient with easy access to outlet and attractions. Reading other reviews I was worried about guests being loud and sure enough there was a loud party in a room across the hall that had us up until 1am.I would also have to say the shower was the lowest flow shower I can remember. Overall if it was not for the screamers across the hall it would have been a better stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rodger,

I wanted to begin by taking this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Comfort Suites Leesburg. It is only through your feedback that we were able to find out about the incident that occurred during your visit, with out your feedback we would not be able to correct it for future visitors to our hotel.

Although we do have wedding guests stay with us every weekend, we typically do not have an issues, as the weddings do not occur at the property. I was sorry to hear that we had a group of guests that were loud and out of control during your visit. We are a family friendly hotel and we do not permit parting at the property.

I would like to thank you again for letting us know about your visit, I hope if you are in the area in the future, you will come back and stay with us again.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were part of a group of 10 cyclists riding the GAP/C&O Canal Towpath and we all booked the Ride and Stay package at Comfort Suites in Leesburg, VA in June 2014. We were caught in a torrential downpour just before getting to White's Ferry, and bikes, panniers, and riders were wet and muddy. After crossing White's Ferry, we called for the hotel van to come and pick us up (four of our group had arrived earlier). Even though it was weekday rush hour, the van arrived in a timely fashion and somehow loaded six muddy bikes, gear and riders with dispatch. Some bikes went in the back of the van and others went on a bike rack.

When we arrived at the hotel, there was a hose available to wash bikes and gear and then bikes for our entire group were locked securely in the basement to dry overnight.

The communal area with dining tables off the foyer made a great gathering place before dinner for our group. The shuttle took us to dinner and back, and two vans were available in the morning to get all 10 of us, with bikes and gear, back to White's Ferry to continue our trip.

The rooms were spacious and immaculate. The staff were friendly, pleasant and supportive in a way that can only happen when people enjoy their jobs. Breakfast was great. The most cyclist friendly and accomodating place that we stayed between Pittsburgh and Washington, DC.

Ride and Stay package is listed on their website under the Packages tab, at the bottom of the page.

Don't forget to tip the shuttle drivers; it is the right thing to do!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Cactus Kitty,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for riding into town and letting us know about your recent stay with us. The "Ride Stay Package" is a great package that allows guests like yourself, traveling on the trail, an opportunity to have a relaxing night stay, dinner in a local restaurant, and transportation to and from the trail. I have had the pleasure of working with many bike groups and always ask what could we do to make your stay more enjoyable.

We added the bike rack, water access to clean your bikes, and now we have even added bag lunches for you to take back on the trail. Feedback like what you provided us today allows me the opportunity to let our staff know what a great job they are doing. Please feel free to provides us with any recommendation you may have regarding the package.

I hope if you are in our area in the future, that you will ride in to see us again. Have a great holiday weekend, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent bike friendly hotel. Reception staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. They gave advice on places to eat and the shuttle service is excellent. Rooms are large and well furnished as well as being spotlessly clean. Overall thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JandB39

Dear Steven,

I would like to thank you for letting me know about your experience with our Ride and Stay Package at the Comfort Suites. The C&O Canal Trail offers a wonderful opportunity for guests that enjoy biking.

I am glad you enjoyed our recommendations for dinner during your stay. I always find myself asking the staff at hotels where they would go and I made sure my staff was able to direct guests visiting our area with the best options for dining out. You can never go wrong with a visit to Lightfoot, they have amazing food!

I hope if your travels bring you back to Virginia, that you will come back and stay with us again.

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!