“Great healthy and tasty food”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 215 Restaurants in Leesburg
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Vienna, Virginia
“Great healthy and tasty food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my first visit to Not Your Average Joe's and I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was energetic and well designed. Our waiter Tony was exceptional and recommended great foods including their meatloaf. This is the first restaurant I have visited that has it's own Gluten free menu. I highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank magicdisplay

Leesburg, Virginia
“Just what we were looking for!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had an excellent dinner here. Started with the strawberry rhubarb sangria and it was excellent! Not too tart and not too sweet. While waiting for our entrees to arrive, we snacked on the house bread, a perfectly baked focaccia that was served with a garlic and red pepper flake dipping oil. So good, we had to ask for a second basket. All the entrees were served promptly and the waitress was happy to provide separate checks for five people. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
“Good service recovery”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This isn't our first time coming here. They always have very seasoned food and occasionally will miss the mark.

Today we sat out on the patio. Beautiful weather and comfortable seating. Unfortunately the bikers were there as well. They were parking their bikes right on the street beside the patio seating. One of them sat their revving his engine taking to his friend. When he finally left everyone in the patio started applauding. Unfortunately the manager told us they have no control over the parking :-(

I has the Nacho Average Nachos and a Cesar salad. Both were delicious. The nachos has food seasoned chicken and sauce, mostly crispy chips and good corn avocado salsa. Only two tiny opportunities to improve. 1. They could do without the canned tomatoes. They added no flavor to the dish. I ended up picking them out and enjoying it without them. 2. They could add a little more Salsa. It was probably the best part of the dish and I was craving more of it.

My mom ordered a special, pecan crusted chicken. Unfortunately she really didn't enjoy it. First it was covered in a mustard sauce that over powered the whole dish. She scraped it off in hopes of enjoying the chicken. She was surprised to find it very bland. She said it barely had any flavor, just a crunchy texture and bland. So she moved to the baked sweet potatoes that were so under cooked she crunched into it like an apple. Disappointing.

However!! The waiter offered to bring another dish and then insisted that the chicken would not be on the bill. In addition, he notified the manager who came over to apologize and listen to what we had to say. He then thanked us for our feedback and said he was going to order himself one and tasted it then give ours and his feedback to the chef.

So great service, good food, good atmosphere. Just don't order the pecan crusted chicken.

Washington DC
“Great Service, Chef Willing to Accomodate”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I came here pre-half marathon run. It is a very popular place so we made reservations. We were seated quickly (by the kitchen but we didn't care). Just when I thought we had been forgotten a server by the name of Bradley came on by and greeted us. He was very friendly and willing to ask to the chef to make a combo pasta/salmon dish for me instead of their special pasta dish for the night. He served us our water and drinks quickly and once our food came out, he checked to make sure how our food was. Now, the main complaint. I did not like the taste of my pasta dish, I really enjoyed the salmon but the sauce had WAY to much garlic....my husband enjoyed his steak friti. Bradley never came back and refilled my water, so I was a bit thirsty on the way out and tried their mint/cucumber water station.

• Visited May 2014
Lansdowne, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family restaurant!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great every time my family visits. The staff is excellent, and the food is good. Recommended if you are looking for an easy, quality place to take your family.

• Visited May 2014