“huge tasting portions!”

Prince Michel Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 May 2014

some places give you a little taste, but for $5 they gave huge portions of wine. you will definitely get a good buzz after stopping by here. we also enjoyed the little self-guided tour of the winery and learning a bit about how its made. many wineries skip over that part. very nice places to sit outside and relax too

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Prince Michel has quickly devolved under its current ownership. The wines (if you can call them that) are laughable. I suspect most of the juice used comes from out of state and is only blended with a small amount of actual Virginia wine. The gift shop is full of overpriced junk from China and if you purchase a snack, BEWARE...I purchased some Amish cheese and crackers and the young man behind the counter gave me a rusted knife and a plate with a mouse dropping on it. Needless to say, I do not recommend this winery to anyone and I will certainly never return.

4  Thank HungryHarpo
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We got here early (we thought) but there were wine enthusiasts already leaving as we arrived. The tasting was VERY affordable at $5.00 for quite a few samples. The best part is the self guided tour after, we really enjoyed this as well as having a great chat with Ryan who had all the answers to our questions on the wine process. The location is right off the highway with lots of sumptuous areas to relax and enjoy that chosen glass of wine after the tasting. This was probably my favorite vineyard in the area (but see my Wisteria farms review, very different and just as good). Prince Michel has the glam factor without being too commercial. Must experience!

2  Thank thezoo5
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Last night we attended a 50s "Sock Hop" at the winery. The ONLY disappointment was there were so few people there. They had a DJ, great wine with generous pours, and good food provided by a local vendor. It was a free event so pay a little for wine, very little for food, dance and have a great time, basically a dream Friday night date. If you have not attended an event here it should definitely be on your short list of places to go. Traffic was a pain, but still only about an hour from Fairfax. FYI stop even if there is no event, the wines are very good.

2  Thank majiksea
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Prince Michel Winery at Carter Mountain Orchard had terrible service. The young man who was working the wine testing was pouring the wines in the same cup and even after we asked him not to mix the flavors. He spoke very fast and in a hurry to get us out of the winery. At one point we told him he was going to fast and rushing us with the next flavor and it did not make a difference. I left very disappointed at the experience. I do not recommend this winery to anyone. There are many more wineries in the area that are much better.

3  Thank Gloria G