“Quiet night sleep, but a somewhat dumpy place!! Pet friendly.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
guysmom
“Quiet night sleep, but a somewhat dumpy place!! Pet friendly.”
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Well, hubby and I needed a place to stay overnight on our way home. We used the coupon saver booklet found for free at the rest areas, and found this place listed in there. The price was very, very reasonable with the coupon (good thing! because it's not worth any more than what we were charged!!).

We got a ground floor room because of our aging dog, so that was good. But our room did smell of pet odors....now, they charge an extra $8.00 per pet per night, but apparently THEY DON'T USE THE MONEY on pet odor cleaning products!!!

Two of the 4 lights in our room had burnt out light bulbs!! But the bathroom was clean. The carpet as a whole is in TERRIBLE shape...they need to replace the entire carpeting!!

Breakfast is virtually non-existent, with basically coffee, juice and toast, so we went to the pancake house across the street.

Basically, we got a good night's sleep, they are pet friendly, and the person at check-in last evening was friendly.

• Liked — Pet friendly, free wi-fi
  • Disliked — Poor breakfast, dingy and old carpeting, rooms not taken care of (burnt out bulbs)
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Davidson, NC
Reviewed 19 May 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Honestly, this place was awful. Literally, the Ramada signs were gone -- it had just changed to an America's Best Value Inn -- what a joke! Ramada pulled out just in time to save their reputation!

I travel a lot and stay in some cheap hotels, but this one wasn't cheap and it was far nastier than the cheap ones I have stayed in before. We were in town for a W&L alumni weekend -- though I have no idea how anyone in their right mind would have selected this place to host alumni. This was the place that time and cleaning staff had forgotten about. The room was so dated, it literally had the same print hanging in the room on two separate walls. The bed was uncomfortable and the $5 alarm clock was bolted (not kidding) to the nightstand!!! Should have checked out immediately, but we had no where else to go except my car -- which I seriously considered for a few minutes were it not for the running water issue. Speaking of which, the bathroom was awful -- I don't have to go into sordid details, but take my word for it, you won't scrub-a-dub-dub in that tub! Oh yeah, and one night there was a huge cockroach climbing the wall -- thank goodness I drove a mile down the road and previously purchased a newspaper -- SMACK!

The pool -- well we won't even go there, because we didn't.

The breakfast was nasty -- it looked forgotten because the restaurant had been closed for weeks. I felt like I was sitting in a ghost town.

Overall, this place is terrible. It looked like someone stopped caring about the maintenance of this place in 2004. Simply put -- don't stay here -- keep driving -- home can't be that far away!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Too many to list here... see review
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2007

This hotel is truly a dump. After traveling from
Williamsburg and driving the Skyline drive, we simply needed a room for an overnite stay. We traveled farther than I thought we would, so I hadn't researched Lexington area hotels.. We took an exit off of 81, and saw the Ramada Inn sign advertising an indoor pool. Our grandaughter wanted to swim, so we pulled in. I was relieved they had a room available, the clerk was pleasant enough, and check- in went smoothly. The exterior of the hotel looked fine, but the lobby looked drab and outdated. I thought, well, we would only be staying overnite, it should be ok. While my husband parked our car, my grandaughter and I made our way down the corridor with our luggage. I started to get concerned when I noticed the carpet looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner for some time. My concerns were validated when I opened the door to our room. It looked Dull, drab, and had a musty smell. The beds looked uncomfortable, I did a quick laydown just to check, they were. I said to my grandaughter " I don't think we will be staying, but lets peek in the bathroom anyway." I was not prepared for what I saw. Half the bathroom ceiling was on the floor. There must have been a leak from the floor above. When we told the clerk, she didn't seem that surprised and didn't hesitate to check us out as quickly as we checked in. This hotel should be closed down, I can't believe Ramada would allow one of its properties to fall into such a state of disrepair.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the whole experience
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank plantladytwo
State College, PA
Reviewed 28 August 2006

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is an older hotel that has not been maintained. The clerk was very nice, and surprisingly, there were many other guests. Our first disappointment came when we entered. The sign on the door said the restaurant and lounge were closed for renovations. The hotel websited failed to mention that they were closed.

Secondly, the smell of the place is strange. It was not horribly offensive, but it was strong. Perhaps years of flowery cleaning products built up. The room was also quite strong smelling. There were water stains on the ceilings throughout the place; the wallpaper was peeling and stained; the shower curtain rod had been pulled away from the wall (so the curtain did not stay shut); wall corners chipped away...need I say more. Our dog found something on the floor next to the table that interested her.

I bought a can of lysol and sprayed everything down. The breakfast was a joke. Stale donuts and decaf coffee. There was some sort of tour group visiting (they did not speak english) and they were allowed in the restaurant and served a little more (I saw eggs)

The pancake restaurant across the street was decent. My kids enjoyed the pool, but had to take a shower as soon as they returned because their skin itched from the chlorine.

• Liked — close to interstate
  • Disliked — It was disgusting
  • Tips/Secrets — skip it
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank Angel62
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2005

Terrible hotel. I was there May 21rst for only one night, thank God! Check inn was very uninfomative. We were 3 in the rooms. I have the lady at the front desk what's there best rate for a triple room, she kept telling 73.00 for 2. I said OK, gave my credit-card and she charged 78.00 plus all taxes. I asked why 78.00, she said we are 3 in the room but that's what I told you. She didn't admit any wrong doing, anyway it was late after a long drive we needed some rest. They advertise a free "hot-breakfast", but only 1 per room, again we were three and the coffee is not even included. The room was horrible, kind of a back flash in the 70's!! The bathroom was not really clean, we found a long hair in the bathtub!!! The counter top of the lavatory was in desperate need of a make-over. The beds had seen better years. Every thing in the room was tied down to the furniture, even the light buld!!!! Really, never again.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank jojo2005
Scranton
Reviewed 20 February 2005

I am always grateful for a roof over my head and a shower after a long day on the road. This place did provide that.

The hotel is less than sanitary and less than secure for its guests. It smells terrible. The same dirty dishes sat in the hallway for the entire period of our stay.

There is a HoJo's next door that looks nice. Eat breakfast at Aunt Sarah's across the street.

2 Thank ChuckScranton
Darnestown, MD
Reviewed 24 July 2004

Nice, clean hotel, with kind helpful general staff. Unfortunately, two staff members made the same mistake in quoting me their check out policy when I made our reservation. Although the manager admitted it was his staff's error, he refused to satisfy their agreement, penalizing us and leaving us in a very difficult bind. He stated, "He does not trust anyone" and would not work with his customer towards a satisfactoy agreement.
Its a pretty and comfortable hotel, but I would not stay again at a place where the general manager is not willing to work with a customer to resolve issues.

5 Thank wendy20878
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Sleep Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
No photo provided
Natural Bridge Park Historic Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!