Super 8 Lexington VA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsquick checkhot waterdesk clerkgreat roombed was comfortablerefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Overnight front desk clerk was very nice, honored a hotel coupon that wasn't there's( I was exhausted and it was dark out when I ripped it out of the Va. Welcome center discount book). The lobby looked clean, little outdated though. The room was bad, smelled like air deodorant, there was mold on the ceiling, Bounty paper towels were stronger than the towels in the bathroom. If it wasn't late and we weren't exhausted, we would of left. Got up very early next day and got out of there, didn't even shower. I hate to give bad reviews, but really, do not stay here. Hopefully management will see this and try to better this hotel, I feel bad for them.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed here on one night in early August. First, the room was far overpriced for the quality received. After checking in, I went to my room and a couple of bottles of cola. (Many hotels only have pepsi products, not my favorite). I went to put the cokes in the refrigerator. First thing I noticed was a trash can, empty and without liner, lying on one of the beds. Not a big deal. I could barely open the refrigerator door as the carpet in front of it was completely soaked. Here, someone had turned off the inside temp control, causing all the ice to defrost. I found a paper plate in the freezer section. The bottom was soaked as was the floor (as I said) in front of the door. I found a flying insect in the bathroom (not, to me, a big deal. All of my gripes were small ones, but they added up to an unacceptable room. The lady at the front desk showed concern, and had no problems in giving me a new room which was quite acceptable. I thought the room was priced $20 too high, and the absence of cars in the parking lot indicated to me that others felt the same way. Internet was good. Breakfast was a joke, but the hotel was right next to a waffle house.

Room Tip: No way I could answer this. I always check to see if all the facilities are functionable... mainly the bathroom fixtures, the AC, and the furnishings. You can't tell if there is a better room or not without checking them all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2012

If you're handicapped, this is not the place to stay. They allow anyone to park in the handicapped parking spots. The local police won't even enforce this ADA law. There were 3 tricked out Harleys parked in the handicapped space in front of the motel. I have to use a walker and we had to park a great distance from the door.There's no elevator and the motel has 3 floors. The free breakfast is a joke. We plan to go back to the area, but we won't stay at this motel.

Room Tip: A/C works well. Staff is very friendly. Our room was right next to the main road on the ground floor. We couldn't leave the curtains open very much. Might want a room on the other side of the motel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

On a 3000 mile road trip with my hubby, we needed a pit stop here in Lexington. It was my first time in VA and hopefully not my last. This humble Super 8, although we were only there less than 15 hrs, was a decent place to lay our heads.

The property is near the newer 'strip mall' part of town, not the historic, beautiful part of the city we discovered when we went out for dinner. But grocery and dining options are plentiful if not just your typical national chains.

We were greeted by a super friendly clerk who answered all our questions, made a few dinner suggestions, explained the equine-related travel of most of her guests, and even held the door for us to unload our considerable luggage; she was a true sweetheart and by far the warmest employee we encountered on our entire journey.

The lobby/front desk area does not appear to have been updated since the 70s. Carpeted stairs behind the desk looked like they led up to an innkeepers apt that reminded me of the lodging of my childhood. Fine for me, but if you like everything spanking new and fresh, the lobby set the tone for the rooms...

Dark indoor hallways lead to sparse, relatively clean quarters. No modern luxuries here but we didn't expect them. Our king room was very small, but the AC functioned great, the old timey box TV worked fine, and the bed/bath linens adequate*. Having stayed at another Super 8 two nights before that was genuinely disgusting, I was happy to see the franchise redeem themselves a bit. Not all owners/operators created equally, obviously!

*My single complaint was I hate those polyester floral bedspreads that motels of this ilk always use. They're infrequently laundered and usually stiff, so I did exchange it for my brought-from-home comforter. I'm fine with out-of-date decor but ancient bedding puts me off.

A different, but equally friendly and competent clerk checked us out and ultimately our stay was quiet, we slept well, and check-in/out was a breeze. If you're content with very affordable, not-so-current furnishings in a decently clean setting, this spot will definitely do. It is smokers-friendly, so if that puts you off, look elsewhere. But personally, I'd much rather deal with stake smoke than the recent overly perfumed cleaning products/linens I've encountered at fancier chains.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Compared to the other hotels in the area the rates were very low. Of course we got what we paid for. The hall smelled liked smoke, the outside door was broken and didn't lock, I felt unsafe. The hotel needs a face lift.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family