The Hampton Inn of Lexington was like stepping back in time. There was history involved with this hotel, which was interesting. The location is beautiful the way it is nestled on a hill in the trees but yet within walking distance to downtown. My husband and I enjoyed our complimentary breakfast on the patio and then walked the historical streets in Lexington. We then drove about 20 minutes to Natural Bridge and hiked the trail there. We enjoyed our stay at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In June of 1997 the tradition of Col Alto was reborn as it opened its doors once again to welcome visitors to the City of Lexington. Step onto the beautiful grounds of the Hampton Inn Lexington-Historic District hotel and be mesmerized. You'll find our breathtaking historic manor house-the Col Alto Mansion-nestled on seven acres. Stay in one of the 76 rooms featuring contemporary touches or one of the 10 restored manor rooms offering a glimpse into the past. Take a short walk and you'll discover Washington and Lee University. While there, be sure to see the historic landmark Lee Chapel and Museum. Pay respects at the cemetery named for 'Stonewall' Jackson, a Confederate general during the Civil War. Visit Virginia Military Institute, one of six senior military colleges in the United States. Hungry or in need of some retail therapy? Take a stroll down to Main Street to find lots of wonderful, locally-owned restaurants and unique shops. Or if you prefer, take a scenic drive down the road and you'll discover the beauty of nature at Natural Bridge, one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Enjoy your stay in our Historic Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, VMI or the Washington and Lee Rooms featuring period décor within the Manor House with wine and hors d'oeuvres served upon arrival, breakfast served in-room, evening turndown service, and terrycloth robes or relax in our contemporary guest rooms and accessible rooms featuring a refrigerator and microwave. All rooms feature a 37-inch LCD HDTV with cable channels, lap desk and free Wi-Fi, and many rooms offer a wet or dry bar. Enjoy complementary hot breakfast in the manor house overlooking the grounds or perhaps a dip in the outdoor pool or whirlpool spa on a beautiful day. Get lost in time when you stay at the Historic Hampton Inn Col Alto. Located 8 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Within walking distance to Historic Downtown Lexington, Washington & Lee University, Virginia Military Institute and minutes from Natural Bridge, Goshen Pass and McCormick Farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Lexington - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Lexington - Historic District Hotel Lexington
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Lexington Hampton Inn