“Very Comfortable Motel in a Scenic Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Lexington

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Comfortable Motel in a Scenic Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We needed an inexpensive stopover motel on a long, late-night trip from DC to South Carolina. The unit was very comfortable and the staff extremely friendly. The breakfast was good. The mountain was great. We were just passing through, but it would be a wonderful location if you were visiting the area for the parks. Note that it is a Wyndham motel, but the link to Tripadvisor in the Wyndham survey email did not work.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. We got one at the same rate as other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was a place to stay after a day on the road. The room was on the smaller side, not notable, nor perfectly clean. The complimentary breakfast was crowded with limited choices of anything worth eating. I had an English muffin with the usual watery orange juice. They had an outdoor pool, unused on this rainy day.

Stay, if you need to decent place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
South Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

First time in area, not sure what to expect. Hampton was $200, Wingate $140 - no thanks.
Furniture is dated but rooms were clean. There's a thing or two, here and there, which needs to be fixed. But, the rooms and hallways were clean, hallways were a/c'd, awesome views from balcony. All staff very friendly. Strong wifi signal, throughout.
I travel, alot. There was nothing here that would keep me from not returning - unless Hampton dropped to $85.
Very nice breakfast bar - with waffles. Nice pool area if travelling with kids. Lexington is 7 minutes down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for 'mountain' side for awesome sunsets.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dbenn63
San Antonio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This motel is about 6 miles from downtown Lexington so no walking. OK if you are interested in an interstate night but don't need to see the historic town. The staff was very friendly and the views are quite pleasant.

The room was dated HOJO, lumpy beds and pillows, etc. Each room has a balcony with sliding glass door, cheap locks, and a sticker warning "Please lock balcony door at night". Not my idea of a restful night even in Lexington.

They do a good job with what they have but I will stay at a newer property next time. I do not feel that safe on the outskirts of town.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank emiaj

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

First off, we had a coupon for $50.00 on a Thursday. We traveled from Alabama and it was very late when we arrived. The guy at the desk told my husband that they didn't have any rooms available left at that rate. Being so late and we were so tired we just took the $90.00 room. We were going to wake up at 6am the next morning and drive to our next destination..Well at 5:15am I woke up and felt something on my face. I tried to brush it off, well whatever was on my face, had legs and a hard shell and I had to slap it off of me. It totally freaked me out. There was no way that I could lay back down. I've stayed in many hotels before, however, I have NEVER had a bug crawl on my face. YUCK! I would never stay at the place again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business