“A little charm”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Upscale Casual Dining in the Heart of Downtown Lexington, Virginia.Featuring local products with a Southern flair. Intimate, casual atmosphere. Serving Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Also offers catering. Reservations Recommended!
Washington dc
“A little charm”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

A nice place in a small charming town. The bistro is the right downtown and it is very convenient. The food was good and service was great. I think it is a little over price for what you got but overall it is not too bad. Enjoyed our time there.

Brevard,NC
“A Good Guess”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Left The Bronx and Jersey Sat am and headed for the barn in NC. Stopped for the night in Lexington, Va. For dinner, we checked the net and picked the Bistro on Main. Called and made
reservations. Drove to Main Street and was surprised to see how clean and quaint the town was.
Every restaurant on Yelp was on Main St. Surprised at the number of tourists also. In spite of our
6:15 pm reservations, it took about 20 minutes to be seated, due to the crowd waiting to go in.
Hostess and servers very apologetic and helpful. Wife had a red pepper and shrimp soup which
was fantastic. She had broiled Wahoo and her entree and I had linguini, pesto and shrimp.
Service was fast and friendly. Finished up with a raspberry sorbet for me and wife had bread pudding. Entire meal was I was glad my hunch on the Bistro was good. Would highly recommend
this restaurant to anyone.

1 Thank NCtightwad
“Busy Sat. Night”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We made reservations at this restaurant on what turned out to be a busy Sat. We arrived early and sat at the bar. ( our idea) 25 minutes before our reservations they wanted to seat us at our table.Our party had fully arrived but we took the table anyway. The service was polite but seemly not well trained. I had the soup of the day, a sweet red pepper soup which was very good. For dinner I went with the shrimp and grits. Interesting entree but not enough taste that I had hoped for or anticipated. A previous reviewer was correct. We had to ask for the dessert choices which were not printed but communicated by our waitress. We were never asked if we wanted coffee, which I usually partake, so I let that go without inquiring. They advertise that they accept all major credit cards but when I went to pay with my AMEX I was told that "the terminal was working properly as to AMEX cards and was asked for another card. I found that strange as a Terminal" should work for all cards.

Visited July 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a morning drive on the back roads we arrived in Lexington and found this place on Main St. The menu looked good and we gave it a try. We each had a beer and shared the signature burger with bacon and the crab cake sandwich. Both were served with their beer battered fries which were quite good. Our sandwiches were good to very good. We both agreed the burger was a bit better. They did cook it medium rare as requested. We ate in the bar area on a table for two which was just fine with us. Our waiter was also the bartender but he did a good job of keeping up with our needs. All in all a nice meal in a charming bistro setting.

1 Thank RERD09
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Bistro on Main was delightful!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The service was excellent! The food was very good. We shared a cheese sampler appetizer that was good. I had the jambalaya - it was spicy and yummy! My sister said the salmon was excellent and my mother enjoyed the crab cakes. The served us a delicious warm chocolate cake for my birthday. The server was very responsive when I asked if we could get the check quickly so we could make it to the natural bridge before it closed. I would definitely recommend Bistro on Main!