“rest in the Shanadoah”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Sparta
“rest in the Shanadoah”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was one of the most pleasent stay at a hotel that I have had. Begining with the friendly staff greeting and the very well appointed lobby. Even the elevators were very clean and well ventilated, and the oriental rugs were an added bonus. The rooms were very clean and fresh, and the view of the mountians were a view after 500 miles of highway. Ala-in-all a very pleasent stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Allen H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night.. The room was very clean.. The staff very nice and helpful too!! Very quiet rooms! Ruby Tuesday restaurant next door , a shopping center right up the street. A very nice hot breakfast buffet!! All in all a nice place to stay

• Stayed July 2014
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I really enjoyed my one night stay in this hotel. The guy that checked us in was very friendly. We had two rooms next to each other, although not adjoining, on the second floor. The rooms were very clean and very big. It was lovely to have so much space, with a nice comfortable armchair and footrest. The bed was also very big and comfortable and I got a good nights sleep. The bathroom was clean and the shower very good, with nice soft towels.
The only drawback we found was that the walls were very thin, so you can really hear what is going on next door.
In the morning there was breakfast, included in the price. There was plenty of choice including two waffle making machines, cereal, fruit, sausage and egg, with lots of choice of drink too. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank devongirlie67
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived late in the evening at the Wingate Hotel in Lexington Va and after we checked in we used the bathroom (nothing that should or could back up a toilet) and the toilet overflowed. Called the front desk and they sent someone up who plunged the toilet but was unable to keep it from backing up. He then dry mopped the floor and never sanitized the floor so the bathroom was now nonfunctional. We asked to be placed in another room but they didn’t have one that had two beds (three of us). Frist thing in the morning we checked out and we told the front desk clerk what occurred. She informed us that there were four rooms that they could have moved us to (with two beds) and didn’t understand why they didn’t move us. Then she handed my receipt and it was full price, not even a cut in the charge due to a nonfunctional room. I asked to speak to a manager and I was told she was not there but would be in later that day. I left my name and number for her to call me in regards to our stay. I never received a phone call. Since we were still in the area (at another hotel) I stopped by the next day and asked for the manager. I introduced myself and explained what happened and her words to me was what did you want us to do, we were booked, it’s not like we could move you or anything. When I mentioned what the clerk had told me about the four rooms she stated that they had been no shows, but the rooms were booked so wouldn’t have been able to move us anyway (really can’t put a person who is at the hotel in a functioning room but hold it for someone who at 12 am hasn’t shown yet?) This woman was snarky, rude and basically rolling her eyes at me when I had a legitimate complaint. Then when I asked about being charged full price when I couldn't use the bathroom and how unsanitary the conditions were she said well I’ll ask the owner. Then I questioned why no one called me and she said that she was told that I had a complainant but the message didn’t say for her to call me. I told her I left my number, why would I leave a number if I didn’t want someone to call me. She again said that she wasn’t told she needed to call me. I commented how this hotel has gone downhill and she replied quite snarkily that was my opinion. I was so mad I had to walk away. I went outside to calm down and then went back to get her name since she wasn’t wearing any name tags. I spoke to the man at the front desk and asked for her name and I was told that he couldn’t give me her name and that she told him to tell me that I can call and make a complaint. I have never ever been treated so nasty before in my life. I wasn’t yelling or acting unprofessional in any way and this woman was so rude. I have had problems at hotels before and they always are apologetic and do whatever they can to make my stay pleasurable and I know of others when the hotel is book that they look for a hotel room in a nearby competitor to resolve the problem. Not the Wingate of Lexington they treat you like crap and are appalled when you think that you deserve a decent place to stay. This wasn’t my first stay in this hotel; I stay there every time I am in Lexington but this was my last stay. I did get a hotel in Lexington, the Quality Inn and the staff was very friendly and polite and I was able to get a suite (no sharing a bed) for less money than the Wingate. My advice, stay clear of the Wingate of Lexington.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family