“Great authentic Mexican”

Muchachos Allegros
Ranked #35 of 81 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Authentic Mexican. Large menu. Food was excellent and place was clean. Reasonably priced. Glad we found it. Doesn't show up on google maps for some reason.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped in this restaurant for lunch on our road trip. Thanks TripAdvisor for "near me now".
We enjoyed great food, beer, friendly service and "Monday kids eat free" was a good addition.
Thank you!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

It was a busy weekend in Lexington, so slower service can be expected. We all enjoyed our meals and the prices are excellent. Very friendly staff. We will return!

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We just left Sunday dinner there after reading reviews on here. Not impressed at all! The salsa tasted like it came out of a can and their guac wasn't much better.
I ordered the shrimp special (recommend in reviews as well as by my server), I just plain didn't like it. I drowned it in their white sauce (which I DID like) just to be able to get it down.
My husband had the nacho supreme and he said it was ok.
I was also disappointed with service...everyone said how quick and good it was...not today :( For starters one of the servers had their three year old running around carrying on very loudly. We had to ask for a kids cup for my little guy. Had to ask for straws and napkins. Never did get a refill on any drinks, chips or salsa (all of which were empty).
I hope for all you locals that this was an off night for the whole place...just wasn't good :(

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I really enjoy this place. The salsa is better than most local Mexican restaurants. They are always fast and friendly. We froze in the restaurant during our last visit, but it is unseasonably chilly for May. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. It's not fancy, but it's clean and affordable and sometimes that is just what you need. The food is always very good.