“Good food”

Southern Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nelson Street
Description: Located in Historic Lexington, Virginia, Southern Inn Restaurant is a successful mix of casual, but elegant dining. Proprietors George (chef) and Sue Ann Huger offer a contemporary, seasonal menu utilizing local produce, meats and other products, as well as fresh seafood and in-house baked goods.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good place to eat in the heart of downtown! Highly rated for good reason! I do wish they had more healthy eating options on the menu, but other than that, it was very good!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

While visiting Lexington we had dinner at the Southern Inn. This was the first time eating here. The restaurant is all new since it was rebuilt from a fire. Service was very attentive. Food; the Fried Chicken was moist and tender. Portion size for meals were good not skimpy. All the desserts are made in house and they were great and the home made ice cream was wonderful.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Good service, elegant decor, and a menu with a few surprises. The "Salmon Taco" special was an unexpected treat that was, somehow, elegantly presented. Recommended!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We're surprised by the building, expected an old "southern inn", and it was in just an old building in historic town. BUT don't be put off by that. The food was excellent. I do not like or eat desserts, but they make these in house and the 3 of us tried 2 different desserts and they were "to die for", we had the pecan pie (and my mother made the best one I had ever eaten until I tried this one!). And the other dessert was so e sort of dark chocolate cup shaped with a chocolate filling, whipped crime, (I can't remember the name of it), but it also was one of the best I have eaten. Lots of flavor, not overly sweet, as many desserts are -real ingredients! Don't miss this restaurant if you are in the area!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were looking for a spot for lunch and stopped at the Southern Inn Restaurant, where I ordered a salad and my husband ordered a chicken sandwich. The 'homemade bread' that was brought to the table before our meal was really a thinly sliced baguette, and was stale. I was afraid that this was a sign of the kind of meal that was to come, but was pleasently surprised. My salad was fresh, and my husband's sandwich was big and tastey.
Our server was friendly and attentive. However, I do think that the prices were high and so do not know that I would visit again.

1  Thank deavers