“Charming B&B in Lexington”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 18 Lexington B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Charming B&B in Lexington”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

What a surprise to find this wonderful B&B in Lexington, VA. The hosts have done a very thoughtful and wonderful renovation of a stately old home, with great rooms and common areas. They are very gracious and accommodating, and the breakfasts they serve are pretty incredible. I would absolutely recommend a stay here and am looking forward to returning sometime soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but the suite makes you feel like you are in your own private home.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 April 2012

These guys are absolutely astounding with everything they've put together. Every detail is considered; they're incredibly accommodating to schedules and they're genuinely decent, nice guys. I've stayed here twice now and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else now. Utterly delightful place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on our 1300 mile journey from NH to TN. The stay at Frog Hollow blew our other experiences out of the water. In retrospect I would have been happy staying here all week and playing in the close by Shenandoah mountains and basking in the warm Virginia sunshine. I fully enjoyed the grounds of the house, they are beautifully landscaped with unique trees, bushes and flowers. I particularly enjoyed sitting in the adirondack chairs next to the magnolia tree. John and David are the kind of people that make this world a good place; warm, friendly, inviting, and really good cooks! We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub looking at the stars, and the attention to detail you just don't see very often. Breakfast was phenomenal and my boyfriend and I left feeling inspired by our conversation with John and David that morning. I really can't say enough about this place and these people, I'm certain you will feel the same!

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Indian Head, Maryland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Frog Hollow is the best place to stay in the town of Lexington, VA. My husband and I have visited friends and family in Lexington many times, and from now on we will stay at Frog Hollow. The owners are incredibly friendly and accomodating, very helpful for dinner or shopping recommendations. The room (we stayed in the Tolley Suite) was stunning and full of beautiful antiques and tasteful touches. Coffee, snacks and homemade cookies were provided all weekend, which made coming and going simple and easy.

We stayed for two nights and breakfast on both mornings was amazing. You will not get a better breakfast anywhere in Lexington and breakfast in their lovely dining room was a treat. Their dinner recommendations were spot on and they even helped us obtain reservations. we had as much privacy as we desired and everything at the B&B was well-thought out and tasteful.

The purpose of our visit was a peaceful Valentine's getaway and staying at Frog Hollow B&B made it a wonderful weekend for us. Lexington is a great weekend destination and Frog Hollow is the only place to stay! Thank you John and David!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lea P
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2012

As a former Innkeeper and traveler we have stayed in our fair share of B&Bs and small boutique Inns. Must say my wife and I were so impressed with what John and David have put together here. We were warmly received (despite arriving a couple hours later than our anticipated arrival) and given a tour of the place. We chatted at length about the inn, inn-keeping, history, etc. that evening before dinner and also over breakfast. It was nice to see that both of our innkeepers had enough interest in their guests to sit and have a cup of coffee with us at the table. Even after 10-years they are still enthusiastic and fresh hosts. The inn is very well appointed (given David's background as an interior designer). Comfortable and not chalk-full of chotchkies that is often times commonplace in other historic inns. Big points go to the attention to detail, should you have left any toiletry at home, there was a treasure chest of items to pick from in the bathroom.

Breakfast had to have been one of the best ever served at a bed and breakfast we have stayed over the past 20-years. Nicely done poached pear started off the "meal" and was followed by an omelet with a spicy salsa complete with capers. The sides were shredded potato cake with chive and turkey bacon. Peach preserves by local Mennonite accompanied the toast.

Sharon and I can certainly understand why they have such good repeat business.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Room. Fridge with complementary water and snacks. Chocolates in the room...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JPSaleebyMD
Frederickburg, VA
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My girl and I returned to Frog Hollow on the first weekend of December to spend a little time with here son who's at VMI and to relax at this wonderful B&B. John and David, the proprietors, have become very good friends of ours in short time and we were fortunate to be able to dine with them on the occasion of John's 60th birthday!

The house was adorned with traditional and non-traditional Christmas decorations that provided a festive and exciting ambiance in every room. The outdoor holiday decor was very tasteful and elegant and you easily feel transformed to an earlier, simpler time. Things simply feel cozy and familiar at Frog Hollow, and they'll continue to do so for my girl and I as we plan to visit as often as possible, at least a couple of times a year.

Once again, the food is outstanding. John and David seem to like to play "one upsmanship" in the kitchen, as each breakfast is even more fabulous than the last! As mentioned in my last review, when you wake up warm and hungry to the aromas of coffee and breakfast you will not be leaving the dining room with even a corner of your stomach empty or wanting more!

If you're even going to be within 50 miles of Lexington, VA I urge you to try to secure accommodations at Frog Hollow. Frankly, your lives will be enriched for having met and getting to know John and David. As many say, you can never have too many friends!

Room Tip: Tolley Suite is our favorite!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert N
Purcellville, Virginia
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in November and we had an excellent time. These guys are the friendliest, funniest hosts we've had the pleasure of staying with ever. Not only did they arrange our dinner reservations, they joined us in the mornings for breakfast and we talked for quite some time. I actually missed them when I got home! I can't wait to go back. I would highly recommend these beautiful, hospitable characters any day over a hotel. Oh- the salsa...was awesome- great food! Best I've had at a B&B, hands down. The room was clean and comfortable, the mattress was super comfy.

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
innkeeper492, Owner at Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thank you so much for the great review. We miss you too! We had a really great time with the both of you. We felt as if we had friends visiting us and cannot wait for your next trip to Lexington so we can laugh again. Hurry Back!