“Big group - had a nice time”
Review of Cafe Michel - CLOSED

Cafe Michel
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located one mile from downtown historic Lexington, Virginia, Cafe Michel is a mix of American cuisine with a French accent. In a casual but elegant relaxed atmosphere, French Chef Michel Galand and wife, Carmen Galand offers local produce, beef, fish and lamb. Fresh seafood is offered for your enjoyment. Chef Michel creates specials daily. Reservations accepted but not required. Casual attire.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Big group - had a nice time”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

There were 15 of us on a Friday night and they were able to accomodate us which was very nice! The staff was a little slow and the reason I did not give 5 stars. The food was excellent and the restaurant was nice. My daughter had the filet mignon and I had the steak au poivre and we enjoyed them. Everyone had a nice time and enjoyed their food and drinks.

Visited April 2014

Lexington, Virginia
“Business dinner out”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Ate there recently with business associates. First time I'd been there in a long time. Food was excellent. I had scallops. Prices were reasonable. Understand the restaurant is leaving Lexington and returning to Clifton Forge. Will definitely be worth the drive!

• Visited April 2014
Bethesda, MD
“Merci, Michel!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I often visit Lexington and have eaten at a number of restaurants there, but my favorite is Cafe Michel because of the reliably excellent and creative dishes and sauces that Chef Michel prepares. He is truly talented in his knowledge of herbs and spices.

The service is always prompt, efficient and friendly, but one incident occurred on my last visit last weekend which occasioned this review. After dinner, when paying by credit card, I foolishly left the credit card in the folder after signing the bill and left the restaurant. Cafe Michel attempted to call me, but not knowing my local address, were unable to reach me. The next morning I realized that I had left the card at the restaurant and decided to go by the restaurant on my way out of town, hoping that someone might be at the restaurant, but I had low expectations since it was Sunday morning. I arrived at the restaurant, which was locked, but on the door was a note that said for lost items to call Michel with his phone number. When I called the number Michel got dressed and drove to the restaurant to retrieve my credit card. I believe that service like this deserves more stars than Tripadvisor has allowed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank CAgirl39
Natural Bridge, Virginia
“Always a superb dining experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated Valentine Day by enjoying another scrumptious dinner here. As always, our drinks and meals were perfectly prepared and the staff was welcoming, knowledgeable, and attentive. The steak au poivre melted in my mouth. I always order this. I'm glad my husband offered me a taste of his lobster & shrimp in puff pastry. It was absolutely delicious. I may have another favorite entree! We look forward to our next dinner here!!

• Visited February 2014
Longmont, Colorado
“Wonderful Food and Staff”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable at Café Michel. The menu is diverse and my choice did not disappoint! The salad, bread, steak, potatoes and vegetables were wonderful. I really wanted dessert but was just too full. The wine choices were also wonderful. I had one of the most relaxing and delightful meals that I can remember! If you are ever in the area, make sure you stop by.

• Visited February 2014