House Mountain Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lexington
See available hotels
Econo Lodge(Lexington)
View Hotel
All reviewsmountain roomhot tubwedding venuebig househunting lodgemountain topfishing geardream weddingprivate balconyromantic getawaymountain retreatenjoy naturewonderful mountainfour poster bedother guestsa great nights sleeprooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just returned from a few days at House Mountain Inn. My first B & B. I am in love with the place! Great get away and great food. Tim prepared some awesome meals, breakfast was perfect. Hot tub on the deck was relaxing. I definitely will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ARLMOL
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife Teresa and I just got back from a 3 night stay at the House Mountain Inn. We were looking for someplace somewhat secluded in a mountain, lodge style inn. We could not have had a better experience! Since this was a "low" time of year, we received an all-inclusive discounted rate which included breakfast, dinner, and a wine and cheese time at 4:00. Actually the first 2 days, we were the only one's there and our hosts Jamie, Tim, Jeff and Carrie made us feel right at home as they were all very warm and welcoming. The food could not have been better (I'm still stuffed from Tim's dinners!) and breakfast was great also. We had brought snacks but never even wound up touching them until we started for home. The Inn itself was decorated for Christmas, and is beautiful in a ski-lodge type of setting. Our room was as big as many apartments with a spectacular view. I think I could have one jogging in there. There was a really nice 4 mile hike to the top of the mountain - good exercise and a great view, then back to the hot tub in the room and up for wine and cheese. (Jeff did such a good job my wife now wants wine and cheese every afternoon!) I can't imagine how the view would be during leaf season. All in all just a great time with great people. No downside to this inn, and as nice as the setting was, the people were even better! Will be returning with friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeithA565
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding at the House Mountain Inn with many other friends. We attended the rehearsal dinner and the actual wedding and reception the next day. We did not stay overnight at House Mountain Inn, so this is a review of the wedding venue, not for overnight lodging. (Although many wedding guests DID stay at the Inn, and they all had good things to say.)

The Inn is located about 15 minutes from Lexington. The building is beautiful and the setting is beautiful. The Inn staff were great. Everything was just right. The food was excellent. Everyone had a great time. I highly recommend the House Mountain Inn for a wedding or other large event.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank William S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our son and his lovely bride just celebrated their wedding at the House Mountain Inn. The venue was beautiful. The staff delightful, helpful, and attentive. The rooms were well appointed...and I LOVED my outdoor, private hot-tub.

I have Celiac Disease...which means I am gluten-free by necessity, not choice. Traveling and dining out are always a little tricky...but not at the House Mountain Inn. They fed me three dinners and three breakfasts...with nary a mishap. (We had the Rehearsal dinner there as well.)

I found the cost to be extremely reasonable, as well. My husband and I will certainly be returning, so we have more time to enjoy the natural beauty of the setting, the hiking trails, and all the amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank seemomster
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here right after our recent wedding for two nights. We're not terribly social people so we decided to rent the cabin at House Mountain Inn instead of one of the rooms. The cabin is about 3 or so miles away from the Inn, on the other side of the mountain (still on the property, but not within walking distance). The cabin is HUGE! It can sleep 12 (4 sets of bunk beds and a queen bed), has a fully functioning kitchen and dining area, a back porch with tables, a front porch with rockers and beautiful views. It's very quiet back there and quite a bit of a hike up a steep gravel hill. If you want privacy and total silence, you definitely get it here!

The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous! Very welcoming and cozy. We had breakfast there two days and the three course dinner one night and all three meals were delicious! The dining area has huge windows that overlook the beautiful property. I must have commented to my husband about 30 times about how pretty it was.

I would definitely go back to House Mountain Inn because I would love to stay in the actual Inn itself. I'd go back to the cabin again too, but next time I'd take more people because it's kind of lonely when there are just two of you. LOL.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple