Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor outdoor poolbalcony roomrubber duckiesfresh blueberriesa pet friendly hotelbest westernshot chocolatenice hotelhorse centerwafflesfree breakfastfront desk staffstay there againbreakfast staffclean roomsgreat place to stayhorse show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

driving FL to NYS - this was a bit more pricey but definitely worth the extra bucks. nice room with balcony, pet friendly with good service. nice breakfast and helpful service - comfortable room. BTW-Do not eat at the Ruby Tuesday across the street, way below par.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We enjoy hearing from our guests, thank you letting us know about your stay. We know there are many choices in the area for lodging and we strive to offer a clear choice for clean rooms and friendly service. If I can ever be of assistance please contact me @540-464-1500 or @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com. We are looking forward to opening our new fitness room this week and we hope you will come back soon take a look.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this hotel for two nights to go to a family party in the Lexington area. I was traveling with my daughter-in-law and two young grandchildren and I chose this hotel because they advertised a heated pool and a restaurant on site. If you've ever traveled with children you know that an onsite restaurant is a definite plus. It also advertised a continental breakfast included in the price.
My complaints:

1.) When we got there we found that the restaurant is closed. That was the first disappointment.
2.) We took the kids down to the pool and it was freezing. My 4 yo granddaughter still wanted to go in so we let her. After 10 minutes or so I had to pull her out because her lips were blue. I did ask the front desk to turn up the heat but it never happened.
3.) On the reservation form I asked if there was a mini-crib or pack-n-play available and never got a response. When we arrived we were told that they did not have them in the hotel. It would have been good to know up front because we then had to devise a makeshift crib by going to Wal Mart and buying pool noodles to put under the sheets around the parameter of the bed so that the baby didn't roll off.
4.) The doors did not close properly. You had to lift them up while you were opening and closing them to get them to sit properly. (I heard a number of other guests complaining about this also)
5.) The continental breakfast consisted of microwaved bacon, sausage and powdered eggs.
6.) The front desk staff was not unfriendly, but not at all helpful.
7.) One of the blankets had some kind of hair (dog, cat?) imbedded in it and we had to ask for a replacement and there was garbage from the previous guests under the bed skirt.

My Kudos:

1.) The two women who staffed the breakfast in the morning were lovely and helpful and I wished for their sake that they worked in a nicer hotel.

All in all, this hotel is outdated and disappointing. Save your money and go somewhere else.

1  Thank kmdl
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not enjoy your time with us. As you can see on Trip Advisor so many of our guests have shared what a great experience they had while staying with us, I wish that would have been your experience as well. Our hotel does not offer cribs, you did put a note under the comments section but since you made your reservation on-line and never spoke with anyone there was no way for us to communicate this to you, we also do not advertise that we offer them. Our restaurant was temporarily closed but will re-open on June 6. The temperature on the pool heater was turned up but due to the amount of water it does take between 36-48 hours to warm the entire pool. Typically in the summer months with the temperature in the 90’s we turn down the heat in the pool because people like to cool off in the pool. I again apologize for the problems during your stay, and we did process the refund to your card for the problems. When problems arise we try to go above and beyond to correct them. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know 540-464-1500 or @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com. We strive to offer the best stay possible to each and every guest and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the experience so many other reviews have had with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all, the good. My family and I stayed at the hotel in mid-May over a period of 5 days (15 room nights). This was our second stay. Yes, we will likely return again. The family arrived from different parts of the country at different times and the desk staff was very easy to work with and accommodating. Whenever we would pass, there was always a cheery smile and hello.
The rooms were clean; beds were good, and minimal noise. Each unit's aircon worked well. Some of the rooms had fridges and others didn't. Water pressure for shower was good; even though we were on the top floor. They accommodated our requests for adjoining rooms.
The breakfast buffet has a very helpful and friendly attendant. Food is standard BW Plus fare. It was fresh, presented well, and tasty. Great selection including a waffle maker, scrambled eggs, sausage, and a variety of breads, sweet rolls and cereals and juices.

Now for the bad: On the last two days of our stay, the pool was closed for "maintenance" without warning. We asked if it would be open soon and no one could answer the question or tell us what the problem was. The grand-kids were very disappointed.

On our last evening, our 8-year old granddaughter accidentally dropped a bottle of nail polish on the wood laminate floor in the upstairs lounge. If affected about a 1 square meter area. Our daughter immediately reported the accident and offered to clean it up with some acetone and soap and water. The desk clerk completely lost her temper and yelled at my daughter and granddaughter and told the 8-year old that she wanted to "take her over her knee" and punish her for the accident. She raged on that the entire floor upstairs would need to be replaced. My daughter and granddaughter were brought to tears. The clerk told my daughter to "just leave it" and do nothing and she would report them to the manager. (Such abuse was not warranted.) Fortunately by the next day, the spill was cleaned up and there was no trace of the nail polish and that desk clerk was no longer on duty.

1  Thank SequimWATraveler
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. I want to start with an apology for the matter in which our front desk agent handled this situation. I will certainly speak with her about it. Knowing her she may have been trying to make light of the situation and came across wrong. We always try to offer the best in customer service as you saw in other dealing with our staff. If you would send me your information about your stay @bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com I would like to make this up to you. Our staff was preparing for the opening of the outside pool since they are connected there are times during this process that require the inside pool to be closed. I apologize for this. I hope that you will allow me to correct this for you; we value your business and want to make every effort to correct any issue that may arise. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The beds were very comfortable. Friendly staff. Very clean and up kept. Great views. My only issue was there was no fridge in my room. Other than that. I complaints. I plan on staying there again next time I visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We strive to offer a great stay for each of our guests. We do have a small number of rooms that do not have a fridge. When making your reservation just request one and we will do our best to make sure you get one. I would be happy to help with that you can contact me directly @540-464-1500 or @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com to make your reservation. I hope that we see you again soon and our new fitness room will be opening soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a very Good and Comfortable hotel to stay while visiting the Lexington area. This is our 4th vacation in this area and have always stayed at the Best Western at Hunt Ridge. The staff is very friendly, with a large complimentary breakfast. The hotel is very pet friendly. It is real close to the Virginia Horse Center and all the historic sites . A Great hotel to relax and feel safe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you both for staying with us and for telling us about your stay. We have a high number of repeat guests and we always strive to offer a consistently great stay. We do offer a great location near the interstate, Virginia Horse Center and the Colleges downtown. We continue to make improvements to our breakfast and I am happy you enjoyed them. If I can ever help with anything please let me know, @540-464-1500 or @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com. I always enjoy speaking with our guests and we hope to see you again soon.