“Great Customer Service”

Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Best Western in Lexington is conveniently located off of I-81. The rate is very reasonable and much less then similar hotels in Natural Bridge. Plus it's only a 10 minute drive to see the attractions there. The hotel is well maintained with large, clean rooms, although our door was a little difficult to open. This was the only minor issue in an otherwise satisfactory stay. Breakfast was very adequate, with plenty of healthy choices and lasted until 10:00 on weekends, another plus. Complimentary bottles of water are available in the lobby, especially useful on hot days. It is a dog-friendly hotel, as evidenced by the many furry friends passing through. We enjoyed the pool which is both indoor and outdoor and unique in the fact that they are connected with an opening in the wall you can swim through. Two internet stations are acessible on the second floor. The best part was the customer service. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make you feel at home. I highly recommend staying here during a trip to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. You have pointed out one of our top priorities. Our customer service is one of the biggest areas that can set of apart from other hotels. We strive for every guest to feel like they are at home while staying with us. If I can ever be of assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or 540-464-1500. We have tried to offer many little extras for our guests. We started the complimentary bottle water this past May, our coffee, tea and juice bar is also a big hit with our guests. We can now add fitness room to the list we opened this week. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

hotel had comfortable accomodations. ask for a room with a balcony- great mountain views. decent size hotel indoor-outdoor pool- although we swam at an olympic size pool in glen maury park for 3.50. breakfast standard fare, but needs some variety- scrambled eggs, waffle machine etc. hotel is quiet. coffee and tea available 24/7. fitness center was closed during our stay. overall, a pleasant stay and convenient location to main roads and town.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any help please contact me @bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500. Our fitness was in the process of being opened and it is now finished and open for use. I am so happy you enjoyed our breakfast and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were on a road trip and having trouble finding a hotel room. I booked this the morning of our reservation. When my husband heard we were staying in a "Best Western" he was disappointed... until we pulled into the parking lot and saw this beautiful hotel! The entry way was gorgeous, the room was spacious and clean, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The bed was very comfortable, the free wifi was fast, and the bathroom was well-stocked with excellent products. In the morning we found ourselves even more surprised by the variety and abundance of breakfast foods available in the dining room! Granted, it was not like a restaurant buffet, but there was plenty of delicious a la carte items as well as hot food constantly being restocked by helpful and friendly staff. Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for kind words about our hotel and staff. We strive to offer the best stay possible to each and every guest. We want everyone to have a warm welcome and a comfortable stay with us. If there is ever anything I can help with please contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500 I will be happy to help. We strive to offer a full-service and memorable stay. As a plus we do offer upgraded products in our rooms. In addition to our restaurant, lounge, indoor/ outdoor pool our brand new fitness room will be opening this week. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Not typically a big fan of the Best Westerns, BUT the plus really says it all!! This is the 2nd BW plus we have stayed at and they are definitely a PLUS! The amenities are what does it for me. Nice up-scale bedding. Room nicely equipped with mini fridge, microwave, desk. The bathroom was nothing special however. Very nice touch having complimentary bottles of water, juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate near the lobby. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The "free" breakfast was set up in a very nice spacious area and was well maintained with significant options. Also, pet friendly evidently because we saw several people with their dogs moving about inside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have tried to add all of the nice little touches to improve our guests stay. We have also just opened our new fitness room. If I can ever be of assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or 540-464-1500. We are also pet friendly we love to see our guests with all the different animals they have. Our breakfast bar has been a labor of love for us. We have put a lot of work into having a nice selection, great quality and presentation for our guests and it is rewarding to hear how much our guests are enjoying it.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great stay, Pet friendly, comfortable beds, quite, rooms where a nice size, kids enjoyed pool, and a great breakfast: yogurt, fruit, waffles, bacon , eggs, pastries, cereal, had just about everything that my family of 4 eats. One reason we picked this hotel is for breakfast included, I don't like searching for breakfast and paying $30plus . We will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for choosing us on your recent visit to the Lexington area. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We have put a lot of research and effort into our breakfast and I am happy to hear you enjoyed it. If there is ever anything I can help with please contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500 I will be happy to help. We try to offer everything at one hotel that our guests are looking for. Our new fitness room will be opening soon we hope you will come back and take a look.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Closest Hotel to Virginia Horse Center so that's why we booked here. Happy we did. Very clean. Friendly staff. Great complimentary full service breakfast. The nice woman taking care of the free breakfast did a really nice job keeping everything stocked and fresh. Complimentary juice and hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc. 24 hrs.
This is a pet friendly property so that may explain the strong scent of odor remover that was in our room. A bit strong but didn't smell anything offensive. 100% smoke free so that was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us, I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. Jan works our breakfast bar and does such a great job. She has been with us several years and is a true asset to our hotel. If there is ever anything I can help with please contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500 I will be happy to help. I apologize about the over use of the air freshener. We are a smoke free building which our guests do seem to like. We do also allow pets with a fee and there is extra cleaning that going along with that. Most of our guests only know we take pets when they see them around the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel was clean and inviting, easy access to the interstate and to VMI & Washington & Lee campuses. Nice area. We generally prefer hotel with hot tub/spa and this one didn't have this, which was a negative for us. We utilized the indoor/outdoor pool which was a little cold. Breakfast was AWESOME! Lots to choose from with several hot choices. We had a large king room, which was nice, but there was hardly any furniture in it, and it was somewhat dark... making it seem cold & empty. It may have been a former meeting room. Have stayed at this hotel previously and the standard room was very nice. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We are in the process of updating our room décor with new furniture and artwork. If you ever need help with reservations please contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500. We do get a lot of business from the two area colleges and our location is a big plus. We have worked hard over the last year making several changes to our breakfast to ensure we are offering a really nice breakfast that our guests like and I am happy that you enjoyed it. I will speak with our staff and make sure that the pool heater is set to the correct temperature. We hope to see you again soon.