“Annual East coast road trip with Dog”

Inn At Meander Plantation
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Inn as part of our annual east coast road trip with our 5 1/2 year old Shiba Inu, as we toured the Blue Ridge Mountain. On our way headed to SC & GA with stops in Hilton Head,Beaufort,Savannah. I know we should have taken I-95 but we wanted more scenic views and stop in the blue ridge We fell in love with the Inn as soon as we entered the driveway.
Our dog Navy and inn keepers dog Callie hit it off right away and that in it self was a good sign. The Inn Keeper Suzanne was lovely and had great spirit and was accommodating. we had a private cottage as no dogs allowed in the main house that is well kept. The cottage was very nice and we loved the detailing and decor. The ground of the Inn is so well kept,that we wanted to hire the gardener on the spot( he should be given and award). Its a working farm and we enjoyed strolling the ground and naming all the animals and plants in sight. It's a sure return for us in the near future. Oh! the breakfast is not be miss.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I travelled to the Meander Inn to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday this past weekend. It was an amazing stay overall! The Inn Keeper Suzanne was very accommodating and made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. We chose The Grooms Cottage in order to have a private place of our own, and we loved it! The room was niceley decorated- VERY comfortable couch and bed! The fireplace was a very nice touch and we even had a small outdoor patio with a great view of the countryside. We ordered the dinner basket as our celebratory meal- and everything was perfect! The chicken was cooked perfectly and the glaze was delicious! Not to mention the decadent chocolate mousse dessert! Breakfast was served the next morning in the dining room. We were served warm, fresh baked muffins, followed by fruit, and then our main course. I ordered the french toast which was AMAZING...it had baked apples on top and was served in a small square bowl. It tasted like apple pie and french toast combined!

The Inn is located perfectly on the country side...you can see the mountains, fields of horses (I got to pet some!) and the grounds surrounding the inn are very well manicured. There are a lot of benches and cobble stoned paths to just sit and enjoy nature.

Our trip was just as amazing as we thought it would be! Very personalized, with warm service, private accommodation, and delicious food! Thanks again to Suzanne who made our stay SO much more special...it is a trip we will always remember!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We dined at the Inn while staying there a couple of days. My overall impression of the experience was that it was very "hobby-ish." We had two breakfast meals and one dinner. For the price point, I would expect a professionally trained chef with creative combinations I would not do on my own at home. I have to say, I was disappointed in my meals after reading the various reviews as I didn't find the food very impressive. There are plenty of Inns in Virginia where you can get a much better meal for the same price point. On a positive note, I did really enjoy the pairings of Virginia wines and feel that was a good value.

1  Thank GFKathy
Reviewed 18 April 2013

the menu is not exciting or different, plating is average, service was average and wine list was average..

there are other places in the area that are more stellar and exiting for the money... may be perfect if you are staying at the inn, but as a destination just to have dinner.. maybe not

2  Thank Milton P
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We are fortunate to have a number of great restaurant choices in Orange, VA. All good, some very good but only one or two are excellent. Inn At Meander Plantation is the excellent one! If we are to celebrate a special anniversary, business success or just want a romanting "date dinner" - Inn At Meander Plantation is the venue. We specially enjoy wine pairing events. Suzie and Susanne-the Inkeepers/Chefs/Hosts Extraordinaire try to make sure your visit will be a moment to remember. I write this review with mixed feelings: joy and hesitation. The word has gotten out and we weren't able to get in recently because they were "sold out"! Well, good for them! Keep up an awesome job and carry on. You are indeed #1 on our list!

1  Thank Fairbalanced1