“Avoid Debbie's”

Debbie's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I had lunch at Debbie's Family Restaurant on Monday June 30. We had not eaten breakfast and it was almost 1:00 so we were very hungry. We split a bowl of crab chowder which was very marginal. It was too think but not because of too much crab but because of too much filler. My wife had a salad of which the lettuce etc tasted old and it was not good. I had red snapper which was listed as a special of the day but like the other items was very bland and really just did not have any taste. I put extra salt on it and also used tartar sauce but even those did not help. The waitress was very friendly but the service was slow in bringing out the dishes which was all the more frustrating since the food was not worth waiting for and was too expensive for the quality of the food. I know other reviews were favorable so perhaps this was just a bad day for them but we will not go back again based on our experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went for Saturday Night dinner. We order the two specials: Baked Spaghetti and Chicken Cordon Blu. It was edible. Chicken Cordon Blu was not all my husband was expecting, since the ham and cheese was on the outside with a gravy. Not the greatest food I ever eat but not the worse. As my husband put it, "It was a meal."

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Spur of the moment stop at a small family-style restaurant on Rt 33. Service was friendly and breakfast was great. Had eggs over easy with sausage patties and potatoes. Potatoes were awesome!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We are new to the area and our neighbor raved on Debbie's. Finally had the occasion to stop and eat, well folks he was absolutely right!! What a darling little gem...incredible food, good pricing, very cute seating area, and my favorite super awesome staff!! Will recommend and continue to eat there!!

Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

Wow. I really liked the atmosphere, service and food. Especially the homemade berry pie with ice cream! The chicken parm was awesome, but with a little too much cheese for me. Very reasonable prices.