“Used to be better, but still decent Hibachi”
Review of Tokyo One

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Reviewed 2 May 2013

For the price (family of three, almost 60.00 with tip), you should receive more meat. Over the years, the hibachi has increased their squash and broccoli portions to almost twice what it was in our opinion, making your plate full, but less of the meat you ordered. They also use SO much butter on the grill that your plate is loaded with melted butter when you are done. They are cranking out meals too fast, and it's not to accommodate the crowds (because they have stopped crowding the place it seems). I think the cuts are starting to show. I prefer to eat a bento lunch here instead now, taking my Hibachi business elsewhere further away. That's too bad as it was always a favorite birthday destination.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have always loved this place. We have been coming here for years. Until last night (my birthday). Portions are getting smaller and smaller, they are racing through the grill service and how they prepare their food. SO much that they had to have another guy go back in the kitchen and get more shrimp because he realized how little he had to give everyone that ordered it. This as after the original portion was already cooked and served. My husband ordered sweet tea and it was horribly old and un-sweet tasting. So he asked for a coke instead, the waitress was terribly inconvenienced by this and it showed. It was just a terrible experience this time. I am hoping it was a fluke, I guess we will see.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Tried only because there was a line out the door and few hibache-style options in Lorton. Ordered carry out, and upon arrival waited several minutes up front without being helped. Frustrated, I went to the bar and stated that I had a carry out order. "Oh, you'll go though the hostess up front," the bartender said. "There's no one up there, that's why I came to find someone," I said. The bartender wasn't any help so I went back up front. Finally, the hostess came back and handed me order from behid the front desk (that was sitting around the whole time while she was gone). She handed me only two white sauces (in micro containers) with my two dinners. When I politely asked for more, she replied that'll be .75 each for extra. REALLY? I just paid $43 and you're nickle and diming me for a tiny white sauce container!!?? I wrote off the white sauce and asked for mustard sauce. Sarcastically, the hostess replied: "Oh no, Japanese does not have mustard sauce, you have to go next door to Chinese for that." I took a moment to educate the misguided hostess that most Japense restaurants do in fact serve mustard sauce, quite differenct from the Chinese version, and it's pretty good as well. The hostess coldly but proudly responded that no one has complained yet. Well, Mrs Tokyo One, Newsflash: HERE'S YOUR FIRST OFFICIAL COMPLAINT. NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR FOOD YET, BUT YOUR SERVICE IS POOR! At that point I was done and had to leave. When I got home, I realized the food portions were small for the money. Tokyo One, be thankful you don't have completition. Do yourselves a favor and trip to one of the Miyabi retaurants in NC, SC, or GA and TAKE SOME NOTES on GOOD FOOD AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. Yes, they have mustard sauce AND ITS SPECTACULAR!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Always enjoying going to the Tokyo One in Lorton. This place is always pretty busy. They do a heck of a carry out business as well. A lot of sushi is sold which is good so its not hanging around too long. We take friends, family and a lot of first timers here. The hibachi grill is always fun. The food is very
consistent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We enjoyed the Hibachi style meal for lunch. There were seven people in our group, including two young children. The service was excellent and the portions were just right.