“Nice”

Lovettsville Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Lovettsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2011

We booked our stay at the Lovettsville B&B because of its close proximity to Middleburg, VA. Karen- the innkeeper -was very nice and helpful; she gave us tips on what to do in the area and we wound up spending an evening at a casino in nearby West Virginia. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. Overall it was a decent/good experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Not a lot of lodging options in Lovettsville but we were very pleasantly surpised with our 2 night stay at Lovettsville B&D. Our room was very clean and comfortable. If you require a wide screen TV you will not be happy as our room had a tiny but adequate TV. The best feature was Karen and her cooking! We were treated to a wonderful home cooked breakfast and stayed after breakfast in the kitchen/dining area both mornings talking with Karen, her Mom or other guests. You will feel most welcomed at this B&B. We confirmed in advance that we could bring our crate trained dog with us and the fenced in back yard made our dog's day!!! All rooms have front access through the house or rear private enterence with access to the back yard. Highly recommended for travelers needing lodging in this part of Northern Virginia.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

This was my first try at a B&B and I must say it was a great experience. The phone service I received when booking my room was what led me to choose this place over another B&B. I was traveling on the WOD trail by rollerblade and needed a place to stay when I reached the end. Rollerblading travelers are not something people encounter everyday but Karen and Mike were very accomidating to me to and from the trail. They made me feel at home from the second I walked in the door. The room was very comfortable. I slept like a baby! I liked being able to walk out and overlook the backyard. I felt spoiled at breakfast. The only downside might be that the town the B&B is located in does not have much if you were looking to kill some time. But I'm sure there is much to do a little farther out. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We booked this Band B after much deliberation. What a sucess!
We had a warm welcome to a beautiful and comfortable room.
Karen and Mike were perfect hosts, not to forget Karens' mum.
The food is unbelievably good. It has to be sampled to be believed, cooked to your liking infront of your eyes, using herbs from the garden.
Nothing was too much trouble.
It was like staying with good friends.
If we ever fly into Washington again we will certainly make our way back there.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2008

We had a fantastic stay in the rose room. The jacuzzi was a great touch. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2008

My boyfriend wanted to do something romantic and different for me for my 21st birthday, so he made reservations at the Lovettsville Bed & Breakfast. I had never been to a bed and breakfast before, and it was an absolutely lovely experience.

Mike and Karen are lovely hosts with warm hearts who make sure that you are taken care of and happy. The bed and breakfast itself is very nice and well-kept. The rooms are very accommodating and comfortable, and also very clean. Each room has a different feel to it, and a private bathroom. We stayed in "The Rose Room", which had a fireplace and a whirlpool tub... along with a shower and doors that open onto a deck that overlooks a back yard that's beautifully landscaped.

At the time that we went, the town has its Octoberfest going on, and the bed and breakfast was in a very central location to that. ...not right in the middle of it, but certainly within walking distance.

I had a wonderful experience at the Lovettsville Bed & Breakfast, and I can't wait to go back again one day!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jiltedspinster
Reviewed 24 September 2007

Youll feel at home the minute you walk in the front door !! Karen & Mike are perfect hosts, so accommodating & ready to help you with any special needs. All 3 bedrooms are bright & airy,have entrance from both the inside hall or back deck over looking spacious back yard with flowers in bloom. Each also has private bath AC, ceiling fan, small Tv/vcr, comfortable beds ,tastefully decorated. Small pantry on the same floor is equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and snacks.Both Karen & Mke are so personable and great chefs. Their large ultra-modern kitchen is visible from hallway leading to roomy dining area. I like this as you can watch the food preparations. Guests are individually served , the food is cooked to your liking & all so delicious !! If you need peace & quiet of a rural community, you will enjoy Lovettsville B&B even more.Hoping to return again soon.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank coldharbor1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovettsville
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry
HI Knoxville Harpers Ferry
HI Knoxville Harpers Ferry
#1 of 1 in Knoxville
Best Western Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Lovettsville Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!