My husband and I wanted an overnight getaway from our two kids and some quiet romantic/sleep time for us. There were strengths and weaknesses to this quaint B&B.
strengths: the breakfast is amazing, close to wineries, great DVD collection and some rooms are amazing and very large. The hosts are sweet and upbeat. The checkout time is late too which is nice.
Weaknesses: I would not recommend the East Wing suite, it is very small and either is very cold or very hot and there is no sure way to adjust the temperature. It is located next to the kitchen which we knew and expected we'd be woken up very early for breakfast (8:30am). What we didn't expect was loud singing at 8am that would continue for 40 minutes into breakfast. Maybe some would like this but it was agitating to wake up to since we wake up to noise every day and wanted to escape that on our overnight. It also made others feel uncomfortable who were staying there. In addition, we were emailed questions about our preferences weeks before our arrival. We responded specifically yet when we arrived we were told we did not respond so nothing special was prepared (bottle of wine and truffles), this was disappointing. We checked our email and the email was sent effectively. Beware that Beth makes her own soap. It smells wonderful but I broke out in a rash on my face and neck and have never had an allergic reaction of this sort before.
It was the weaknesses that will make us not return since peace ad quiet was what we paid for.
I hope this was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor Boutique Inn, nestled at the base of Short Hill Mountain in western Loudoun County, Virginia, is surrounded by over 50 award-winning vineyards, 17 micro-breweries, 3 distilleries and numerous award-winning restaurants. This is your sanctuary - a chance to relax, a glass of wine, a stroll through the butterfly gardens. We want to share with you our luxurious EnSuites, comforting fireplaces and a six-course gourmet breakfast. We can take you on a winery or micro-brewery tour, drive you to one of the exquisite area restaurants; or you can retreat to the spa room for a relaxing massage. You may decide upon an outdoor adventure like white-water rafting down the Shenandoah River, zip-lining, cycling, or hiking along the Appalachian Trail or C&O towpath, or visiting nearby Harpers Ferry National Park or area Civil War battlefields like Antietam. Whatever your preference- Stone Manor, My Country Retreat - it says it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stone Manor Boutique Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast