“Absolutely No Frills!”
Review of Village Inn Motel

Village Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lovingston
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This motel gets an 'excellent' for being excellent at what it offers (lol), which is not much! Well...this is a little country town. Not much of anything there at all. I went with a friend to a birthday party for one of her elderly aunts. So you wont find many places to stay anyway.

The room was small but very clean (Room 26...they only have 30). Looked like the floor tile in the sink/bathroom area was brand new. Toilet and sink looked new, and tub looked either new or redone. Beds felt cheap but not worn down or lumpy. No desk or comfortable chair. There were two chairs tho...kinda like breakfast table chairs. Everything was super clean and not a BEDBUG in site...lol!!

HOWEVER...there was NO MICROWAVE, NO REFRIDGERATOR, NO COFFEE MAKER, NO HAIR DRYER, NO IRON AND IRONING BOARD, AND NO ICE MACHINES. But I must say that the office did have one of those little ironing boards that you sit on the table (but there was no table), and a little travel type iron. They would warm food up for you at the office, and ice was available from the office that looked like it came from a refridgerator freezer. It was clean and good, but was shaped like half moons like I get at home. So I'm not sure if it is available 24hrs or not.

The TV (about 19in, regular, not flat screen) was mounted near the ceiling, making it a little hard to see from the bed farthest away. One HBO channel and a few regular channels. Double beds. A good clean place to sleep, shower, and change clothes. Management seemed friendly enough. Sign saying 'Absolutely no pets allowed in rooms'.

One HUGE problem! The heating system doesn't have a thermostat/auto system. In other words the heat is on 'high' or 'low' and stays on til you get up and turn it off. Both get too hot while sleeping. If you turn it off you wake up freezing because no 'auto' will turn it back on when the room cools down. Big, big, problem.

They definitely need some come ups but it was ok for a couple of nights and I would stay again, especially if I don't need heat or air (like in the spring or fall).

Room Tip: Room 26 was small but really clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My teenage son and I were attending a track meet in Lynchburg and encountered more snow than expected on our travel home.
We stopped at Foodlion and spoke to Linda. She assured me that the hotel was nice, and often used when she and the other employees were snowed in. She went even further and made a phone call for me to check on availability.
The owner could not have been nicer. The room was spacious and the bedding, towels, carpet and bathrooms were clean. The walls were recently (and well) painted and the bathroom fixtures were new.
The ONLY suggestions I would make are: Softer pillows and a larger TV. .
I would highly recommend this motel for travel. By the way, I work and live at a resort, so I'm a little picky :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank diznee_family
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed while visiting friends in the area. My daughter found hair in the bathtub, almost like it hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests. The towels (only 2 small ones for a room for 4 guests) were stained by what looked to be blood. The room smelled of mildew and the beds were lumpy and very uncomfortable. The pillows were like pancakes and were also stained. The comforters on both beds were filthy. The day after staying here, my family and I itched all over. Not sure what that was all about, and don't intend on staying again at this motel to find out.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank ashjones8
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We chose this motel because it was closest and was completely satisfied with it the staff was excellent and the room was very well maintained as where the grounds if you are looking for a large flat screen tv coffee makers etc this is not for you if you want a comfortable room at a reasonable price then look no further this is it

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We chose this motel due to its locality. Read reviews online & felt it was just what we wanted for our visit. And it didn't disappoint. We checked in quickly Friday evening. Our room was simple, yet clean & spacious. No coffee maker or fridge, which we already knew. So we brought a cooler & small coffee maker. The staff was super friendly all weekend. Easy drives to many vineyards, breweries, & Crabtree Falls. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We were going to visit Walton's Mt and decided to stay at this motel. It was an older motel but very nice. We were told in advance what room we would be in which worked out great when we got there. We just parked in our spot and walked to the office. No moving the car back and forth. The wall painting was awesome. We did have a small frig which was good for our bottled water that we had with us. The following day we left and spent that night in a Super 8 Motel and paid twice as much money and the room was horrible. I would recommend this motel to anyone that just wants a casual room to stay at. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles but it sure had everything I needed. I plan to stay here if we ever travel that way again.

Room Tip: I did not mean to hit for the swimming pool or resturant as there were neither. This did not make a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

An older motel, the Village Inn doesn't have all the amenities of a Holiday Inn Express, but even without the free breakfast, choice if pillows, coffeemaker in the room, designer shampoos and conditioners, etc. in your room, it was still clean and comfortable. For $59 a night, what more could you ask for? Which is exactly what I would ask the guy that gave this place one star. I believe his expectations were unreasonable. Now, as far as the air conditioner being broken, I get that, but the rest of it was just being snotty.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovingston
Days Inn Waynesboro
Amherst Inn
#1 of 1 in Amherst
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast

Been to Village Inn Motel? Share your experiences!