“A weekend at Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast”

Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Lovingston B&B and Inns
Gainesville, Virginia
“A weekend at Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had a family wedding to attend and the reception was at the Oak Ridge Carriage House. Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast was just around the corner. Our entire extended family took over the 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. We were as relaxed as if we would have been at home! The rooms all had King Beds with private baths...........Mark and Cherie offered a wonderful snack set up complete with frest lemon pound cake and an assortment of drinks, juices and coffee. The downstairs had a warm and friendly sitting area and dining area for what turned out to be a great breakfast. Harmony Hill is located in the beautiful mountains and valleys.
Deb & Don

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deborah g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I just went to Harmony Hill for the second time. We loved it, yet again! This place is beautiful and serene. Cherie, one of the owners, again, blessed us with a fantastic breakfast and pleasant conversation. She is completely gracious and a lovely Christian lady. Our room was clean and comfortable and lovely in decor. We HIGHLY recommend this B & B. The price was so unbelievably reasonable for all that we got -- a fantastic, peaceful getaway. We have let our out-of-town friends know that this is the place to stay when they come to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Concerto Room and loved it!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Deale, Maryland
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We were extremely tired when we got there, having driven 5 hours. The matron gave us some instructrions, I don't really remember them, because I was exhausted, but she gave us a code for the door. We slept a couple of hours, then went out for dinner. We came back with the code for the door. It didnt work, so we rang the doorbell. It was only 9:00 p.m. The matron came out and opened the door and gave me a lecture, "I thought I told you...." I didn't appreciate it. They bill themselves as Christian. I think not. Everyone else there was very nice, but my overall impression is Mrs. bed and breakfast doesn't like being put out by people staying in her space, and Mr. bed and breakfast is the really nice guy who has to convince his wife this is a good idea. Over all, she doesn't like people being in her space -- and we felt that, and will never be back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EVELYNHDOLAN
Mark N, Owner at Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Mrs. Bed & Breakfast is actually much nicer than Mr. Bed & Breakfast. I suspect that the late hour and the extremely tired participants in that conversation resulted in some misinterpretation of intent. Both Mrs. Bed & Breakfast and I (Mr. Bed & Breakfast) consider ourselves unworthy servants who are working hard to provide exceptional service to our guests. We don't consider the B&B as our space, but rather space provided by God to serve the folks who stop by from time to time for rest and relaxation.
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Harmony Hill was a truly peaceful, relaxing experience. If I could give this place 6 stars, I would. The property and house are pristine, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The decor is homey while at the same time maintaining a modern edge. We were able to spend some time on the porch area and I felt like I was at a spa/nature center. Humming birds flew right up to to us while we were lounging on the porch swing next to the gorgeous water feature in front of the house. The hosts were extremely accommodating from the moment we stepped in the door.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Naomi B
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was the third time we had stayed here. We're pretty picky when it comes to B&B's, we've stayed at a lot of them over the years. This is the only Bed and Breakfast we have returned to three times. I don't anticipate it will be our last either. The sense of peace and calm that permeates Harmony Hill I have yet to see duplicated at any other B&B. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

What a warm and welcoming place! We had a great time and the food and service was excellent! We loved the room, with a fireplace and King size bed. I would definately recommend to others and I'm sure we will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

When compared to other B&B's we have stayed in, this is average. The room was well appointed, king bed, flat screen etc. The common room also had a large flat screen, and a very large dvd collection to use. However, we noticed a lack of water pressure from time to time. I guess someone else was taking a shower, but we barely had enough to brush out teeth. Also the 1st B&B we have stayed in that served canned biscuits and canned apples for breakfast. The owners had just came off of a 2 week vacation, so maybe we caught them at a bad time. This is also the 1st B&B that did not have any magazines or any other reading materials. While they do have a large Keurag machine, we prefer brewed coffee. If your breakfast time is 8:00 am, you would think coffee would be perking at 7:30, but not during our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank btaes1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovingston
Craddock Terry Hotel
Village Inn Motel
Village Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Lovingston
Steeles Tavern Manor Bed and Breakfast

Been to Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!