“Very nice, enjoyed our graduation dinner here”
Review of Charleys

Charleys
Ranked #35 of 335 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Charlies is a well run establishment. The nigh we visited they were slammed (for lack of better term) so while it was a touch loud we still enjoyed ourselves. Appetizers and mains came in decent time given the full state of the restaurant. Only on one occasion were we looking for our waitress and we're not complaining, she was hitting the job hard that evening. When 20,000 graduates and their families are all about one town for dinner its easy to see why!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The food and service was great. I have to eat Gluten Free and I have some GF Buffalo Wings that was great.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

As pointed out in my last review of this restaurant Charley's is not the most upscale or gourmet restaurant in town, but they definitely have the best menu with 43 items for under $14, which is a great price point for entrees that have proven to be very popular in the Lynchburg and central Virginia area over the past 37 years. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. There are only four other items on the menu for more than $14 including $21 for a full rack of lamb and $23 for the 8-ounce filet, the two most expensive items.

I started off with the Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup ($6 or $3 added to an entree), which I honestly think is one of the best soups I have had at any restaurant in Lynchburg. It's very creamy, a little spicy and chock full of real lump crab meat. Although I am not a big steak eater I couldn't pass up the 4-ounce Petite Filet Mignon with baked potato and steamed broccoli ($13), which was perfectly to cooked to Medium Rare. There are various other side items that one may add to their entree, but I don't see a list of them online at the moment.

They also brought me a free dessert of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream with chocolate sauce on top for my birthday!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We were seated quickly. Everything was clean and neat. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. The food and drinks were great. I really like the atmosphere and decor. Also really enjoyed the low noise level. Very nice to go somewhere there’s no waiters inline screaming and clapping happy birthday every five minutes!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Everything we have had is good great service and nice atmosphere. Prices are reasonable and portions are nice