“CUSTOMER SERVICE DEFINED”

Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been a loyal Hilton member for over twelve years. I have had numerous trips that forced me to arrive late in the evening. Shea at the front desk at this hotel is head and shoulders the best there is It was late and the house was full. She took the time to help us get situated, get our amenities sent to us and make us feel very welcome. Shea has the makings of a trainer or manager and this property better do what it can to keep her!
The property was very clean and the entire staff was professional. The breakfast wait staff was a little overwhelmed the next morning but the management picked up the slacked.

Room Tip: Higher floors had great views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

James, thank you so much for taking the time to not only let me know of your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn but to share it with others on Tripadvisor. I agree, Shea is a definately a keeper and I will do my best to retain her at our hotel for a very long time.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in October with family including 2 small children, 2 and 4 years old. The hotel and experience were excellent. Kids really enjoyed the pool especially that it was heated. The gym was small but still very good for exercising while away from home. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here last week for one night during driving tour of historical sites in the American 'colonies'.

Located on edge of retail park, so close to all manner of eateries and shops that are reachable on foot. Decor fresh and cheerful. *Very* comfortable bed. Free wi-fi in room. Very friendly reception. Nice bright dining room. Decent choice for breakfast - cold buffet or cooked. Tiny pool, and gym - did not have time to try either. Beside railway line but not too noisy - only noticed two trains.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway line.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Nyonya, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg. Our beds are exclusive of the HGI and I agree with you, they are very comfortable, especially when you can choose from firm or soft by just turning the dial on the side of the bed. We just finished a refurbish of the lobby area and it really seems to be a big hit with all of our guests. This was just the first phase and I hope you will stay with us again to see the second phase! Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor and our potential guests!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent hotel for the area, clean, very friendly staff, the young lad who was at the bar was entertaining as well as an excellent barman, will to accommodate all reasonable requests.

Only issue, if you want to eat out and would prefer something other that McDonalds or Golden Corral or Chic fillet, go down town.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is a very nice Hilton Garden Inn. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful. My only gripe was with breakfast. The staff seemed overwhelmed and my cook to order eggs were refrigerator cold. So, I am guessing they were leftovers and not cooked to order. I waited about 30 minutes for the cold eggs and we had to get back on the road. So, I left hungry. Most of the time HGI serves up a nice breakfast. I think the hotel was understaffed for the saturday morning rush.
Other than the breakfast, which may have just been a fluke, the hotel was very nice and I would stay here again based on the fact that I liked the beds so much. Also, there was a kuerig type coffee maker in the room which made a nice cup of coffee.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel has a wonderful staff. They are very friendly, attentive, and efficient. The location is perfect as it's on Wards Rd. which is right up the way from the Airport and plenty of great restaurants. The only down side was the mattress! It hurt! That took my review from a Very Good to Average....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to put your review on Tripadvisor about our hotel. I certainly appreciate your positive comments about the staff and location and I am so sorry the mattress was a challenge for you. If you happen to read the reply from myself, I would love to know about the comment "it hurts" pertaining to the mattress. I certainly would like to resolve the challenge immediately so others would not have the same challenge. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The only issue we experienced was that we found hair in the bed and on the towels. Aside from that this hotel is highly recommended - best hotel in Lynchburg! We have stayed at the Wingate before and it was awful. This hotel was a breath of fresh air - the staff was great and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Helen, I want to first thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor but most important to apologize for the hairs you found in your bed and on your towels. I trust my staff took care of you immediately to resolve the issue. Even after such a challange, you were most gracious with your comments and praise of our hotel and staff. Thank you again for your time and comments, I certainly look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.