“Anouther Great stay at the Hampton Garden Inn, Lynchburg VA”

Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Grove City, Ohio
“Anouther Great stay at the Hampton Garden Inn, Lynchburg VA”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Once again I had a great stay here at the Hampton Garden Inn hotel in Lynchburg VA. The staff here is GREAT. The Manager Sue, helped us with keeping our rate at a corperate level so we were able to stay in budget. THANKS SUE we really appreciate your hard work. All of the resterant staff are tops in my book. They always go out of there way to make sure I have ever think I need and plenty of it.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet and have stayed here more then 8 times.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
David, thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your experiences with Tripadvisor. It is I who owe you a "thank you" not only for your loyalty, but for bringing your concerns to me so I can be sure you and your colleagues are taken care of, afterall, if it were not for the loyalty of all my guests, I would not be so lucky to be employed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on more than on trip to Lynchburg... Never disappoints. The hotel grounds and rooms as clean and well kept. The rooms are a good size and contemporary. The staff is always nice and accommodating. The room rate is definitely a bit on the high side compared to the surrounding competition, but you get what you pay for in Lynchburg... I have stayed at several other hotels in the area, and I find this one to be the best hands down. My only complaint is that there is no free breakfast option, and the breakfast offered, though very good, is too pricey (~$11 per person). At the very least, Hilton Honors members ought to get meal vouchers.

Stayed October 2013
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your compliments, I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share them with others through Tripadvisor! I just wanted to let you know that we do have a package rate that includes breakfast so perhaps next time you may just want to inquire about it. I also wanted to let you know once a guest reaches diamond or gold status with Hilton Honors, they have a choice of either extra points or complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your return soon!
Albany, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been a loyal Hilton member for over twelve years. I have had numerous trips that forced me to arrive late in the evening. Shea at the front desk at this hotel is head and shoulders the best there is It was late and the house was full. She took the time to help us get situated, get our amenities sent to us and make us feel very welcome. Shea has the makings of a trainer or manager and this property better do what it can to keep her!
The property was very clean and the entire staff was professional. The breakfast wait staff was a little overwhelmed the next morning but the management picked up the slacked.

Room Tip: Higher floors had great views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
James, thank you so much for taking the time to not only let me know of your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn but to share it with others on Tripadvisor. I agree, Shea is a definately a keeper and I will do my best to retain her at our hotel for a very long time.
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in October with family including 2 small children, 2 and 4 years old. The hotel and experience were excellent. Kids really enjoyed the pool especially that it was heated. The gym was small but still very good for exercising while away from home. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bristol
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here last week for one night during driving tour of historical sites in the American 'colonies'.

Located on edge of retail park, so close to all manner of eateries and shops that are reachable on foot. Decor fresh and cheerful. *Very* comfortable bed. Free wi-fi in room. Very friendly reception. Nice bright dining room. Decent choice for breakfast - cold buffet or cooked. Tiny pool, and gym - did not have time to try either. Beside railway line but not too noisy - only noticed two trains.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway line.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nyonya, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg. Our beds are exclusive of the HGI and I agree with you, they are very comfortable, especially when you can choose from firm or soft by just turning the dial on the side of the bed. We just finished a refurbish of the lobby area and it really seems to be a big hit with all of our guests. This was just the first phase and I hope you will stay with us again to see the second phase! Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor and our potential guests!
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent hotel for the area, clean, very friendly staff, the young lad who was at the bar was entertaining as well as an excellent barman, will to accommodate all reasonable requests.

Only issue, if you want to eat out and would prefer something other that McDonalds or Golden Corral or Chic fillet, go down town.

Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is a very nice Hilton Garden Inn. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful. My only gripe was with breakfast. The staff seemed overwhelmed and my cook to order eggs were refrigerator cold. So, I am guessing they were leftovers and not cooked to order. I waited about 30 minutes for the cold eggs and we had to get back on the road. So, I left hungry. Most of the time HGI serves up a nice breakfast. I think the hotel was understaffed for the saturday morning rush.
Other than the breakfast, which may have just been a fluke, the hotel was very nice and I would stay here again based on the fact that I liked the beds so much. Also, there was a kuerig type coffee maker in the room which made a nice cup of coffee.