“Great Hotel, but **BEWARE**”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel. Nice staff, clean and comfortable rooms. All around, very nice. The only problem is, a few weeks after staying there, I get a call on my personal cell phone from "Hilton Grand Vacations" trying to sell me a 'discounted vacation package.' I asked them how they got my number and he said it's because I recently stayed at one of their hotels. I asked to be taken off the list, and he kindly obliged. But to take my personal information and then use it for marketing purposes? That's completely frustrating.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We rented a suite which included a living area with desk, couch, 2 club chairs, coffee table and a separate bedroom. Plus 1 1/2 bathrooms. Made life much more comfortable with four of us getting ready for a wedding we were attending. Breakfast price seemed high, however, after we ate out the first morning, we realized the bill was more and we didn't have the "all-you-can-eat" option we would have gotten at the hotel. So the remaining breakfasts were at the hotel. Wait staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After a long day on planes, it was very refreshing to land at the Lynchburg Hilton Garden Inn. A very friendly staff greeted me and helped me get quickly checked in. The room was very well cared for and spacious. Enjoyed dinner at the bar and a great breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great friendly staff, very clean rooms. The breakfast is very good. Thhe proximity to Liberty University was very close and convenient. We have stayed at this hotel several times and always a good experience. It was Mother's Day weekend and the staff had put of Mother's Day quotes through the lobby and elevators. Nice touch

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

hotel is clean and staff is friendly and very helpful it is close to everything you can to several shops and they have a shuttle to take you to airport or train station Happy hour food is very good and a great value as well rooms are large and well maintained, pool is a good size and clean good parking and well lite free all day great tasting coffee and flavored water with home made bakery items will go back and recommend this hotel for any type of stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. At the Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg our goal is to provide You Can Count On Us Service to each and every guest. We look forward towards your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

And I know because I've stayed at most of them. Had an issue with- in my opinion- very unprofessional GM at the Hampton (Melissa). The Hilton Garden Inn was a breath of fresh air after staying at the Hampton. Super clean, well staffed front desk, great room service. My room was spacious, plenty of outlets, and the wifi worked great. The only potential negative is trying to get into the side road to get to the hotel. But the stay itself was great! I'll be back soon!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us! It is great to hear how wonderful of a stay you had. It is definitely great to hear how you enjoyed our WiFi. We upgraded our internet speeds about a month ago and are very pleased with the outcome. It is always our goal to provide You Can Count On Us Service to each and every guest. I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clean room, friendly staff, decent food.

When I checked in, I asked for restaurant recommendations. The host directed me to the hotel restaurant, an obvious choice. I asked for other "local" places and he didn't have much to offer other than giving me vague directions to downtown. I drove around and couldn't find much so I decided eating at the hotel would be a nice option. Unfortunately, it was "happy hour" and the bartender was alone tending the bar AND serving several tables that were ordering dinner too. He was doing a great job considering he had NO help. A young teen at the table next to me complained because the waiter/bartender took quite some time to come back with a glass of water. I was happy to hear his mother say, "Can you see he is working this whole place by himself? Give him a break!" Obviously, if you are going to instruct your front desk to direct people to your restaurant, you need to be prepared for a crowd, especially at happy hour. My hamburger was good, but the side of fries seemed rather stingy.

When happy hour was over, the crowd thinned and I learned from some other guests (3 different parties were in agreement), that the cooks in the morning didn't cook eggs very well, so I decided to skip breakfast because it was an additional ten or twelve bucks. I'm not a huge breakfast fan anyway and paying for something marginal didn't interest me.

I had a large room with a nice view of Liberty University. Also, mini fridge, micro and coffee maker. Didn't use them, but nice to know they were available.

Everything seemed to be going great...until I went to bed. I was awakened several times during the night by trains. The first time, I thought a plane was landing on the roof. Once I got my wits about me, I realized that behind the evergreens that looked so pretty the night before lay a fairly active train track. I wish I had read reviews here sooner.

When I checked out the next day, the front desk didn't ask my how my stay was, but I told them anyway (the front desk rep and a "manager" type were standing there.) I politely mentioned that I wish I had known about the train tracks before going to bed because I had a horrible nights rest and had a 6 hour drive ahead of me. Both the front desk guy and the white shirt and tie guy shrugged their shoulders, said yeah and apologized. that was it. On my way out, I noticed a "Satisfaction guaranteed or you stay free" sign. I guess that's not really the case unless you press your case. I didn't have the energy to go back an pursue it. I was too tired.

We have family who have moved to Lynchburg. Would have liked to find a "go to" hotel for our visits there. This won't be it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NCG8RFAN

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg. I sincerely apologize about not only the train noise, but also your check out experience. We never want a guest to leave unhappy as it is our PROMISE to deliver You Can Count On Us Service to each and every guest. Please contact me at 434.239.3006 at your earliest convenience so that we may resolve this challenge with your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.