“Superb service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Saint Augustine
“Superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Rocky start due to reservation overbooking or mistake was resolved within a reasonable length of time and a nice welcome package was delivered for our inconvenience. We very much appreciated the gesture and correction of the problem as soon as possible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
york, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed at this location because I am waiting for the new Hampton Inn to be finished. The hotel is about $125 per night (on a slow weekend) including tax. Every time I have visited, I have never been welcomed as a Diamond HHonors member. The rooms are small, but thankfully, weren't noisy while we were there. As someone else mentioned, the doors are very heavy and were sticking and even I had a hard time pushing the door open and closed. The beds are the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept in...they have some type of air chamber or something where you can adjust the firmness of the bed. The issue is that if you like firm and your partner like soft, then you tend to roll toward the middle. The whirlpool in the pool area wasn't working properly. The pool was nice and never crowded when we were in. The exercise room is small with weights, 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical. I just expected more for this hotel.

Room Tip: I always go for the top room, far from the elevator and not adjoining. There is a train that runs be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The quality of my most recent stay was not nearly what it had been in the past. The cleanliness of the room was disappointing this time. I had stayed at the Hilton Garden several times before, and I had always been satisfied. However, for the price, I expect a room free from roaches and food remnants on the floor when I arrive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

West Salem, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in Lynchburg for my son to take a lab practical at the local community college. Driving over 8 hours, we were tired and ready to call it a night but when we arrived, the city was without electricity due to an earlier storm. I was afraid they would turn us away but the front desk attendants were super accommodating and friendly, even in a bad situation! The hotel was completely dark but they had flameless candles and lanterns lit all over the lobby. There were more people checking out because of no electric and the staff was very helpful in calling other hotels in the area that had electric to secure rooms for those who wanted to leave. We didn't have any problem staying and we were quickly checked in, despite none of the computers working. A young man walked us to our room with a flashlight and got us into our 2 queen room without any complications. The beds were clean, very comfortable and it was dark and quiet~perfect for a good night's rest after a long day! The electric came on some time around 1 am. My only complaint is that the bathroom faucet had toothpaste spittle on it and hadn't been cleaned thoroughly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I must admit I did not realize that the main Norfolk Southern train line to New Orleans was abutted the hotel property. The trains are at least every half hour so beware if you are a sensitive sleeper or just want to live out a scene from the movie, "My Cousin Vinny",

This is a nice hotel it is just located poorly beside the train tracks. When I pulled back the sheets there were many curly hairs on the fitted sheets. As I am bald they did not belong to myself. The front staff was accommodating and provided clean sheets for me.

Most any hotel has a few hiccups and this one is obviously no different, however how do they justify a $230 a night rack rate? Is it because it is across from Walmart and Sams Club or is it because of Liberty College and peak demand in June. I stayed on HH points. The hotel does have very good bar staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent two nights here and was very pleased. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful.
They could not accommodate early check in and were very apologetic.
Room comfortable breakfast was very good and service was great. Good bar area to work or watch sports. Very clean which is a must with me!
Whirlpool did not work properly but was all good with us. Convenient location we were 4mins from everything we needed.
Nice computer area.
My only complaint is room was not a suite and doors to room was heaviest doors I have ever seen in a hotel. A small child or elderly person would have problems with the doors

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel located near many restaurants and shops. We stayed here one night on our way to Tennessee. We had a two-room executive suite which was very large with a large bathroom with jacuzzi and separate shower. In addition we had a powder room in the seating area. Our only complaint was that the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable. The king bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family