Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
US$148
US$141
  • Pool
US$103
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
US$85
Craddock Terry Hotel(Lynchburg)
US$178
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskliberty universitysleep numberbob evansgreat hoteltrain tracksstores and restaurantsthe hotel staffbreakfast staffbusiness centerhot tubstaff was friendlybusiness triplight sleeperchecking inclean hotelconvenient location
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is a typical HGI. Check-in was smooth, staff was friendly, this is a up to date property about 4 years old. The common areas are nice. The hotel is close to shopping, dining and Liberty University. It is just off the main Business 29. The room was comfortable. I was upgraded to a junior suite. It was very roomy. The bed is one of those adjustable beds. We did not know and the setting was too firm for our taste. A notice in the room would be good for those who missed the notice on the counter. The breakfast is not that good. They have eggs and waffles to order. The waffle was very doughy and our hard boiled eggs were medium. This mid level hotel could learn from the lower end by getting a quality waffle mix. Overall it was not a bad stay. Just skip the waffles.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2010

Thank you for your constructive review. I do apologize that breakfast did not meet your expectations and the adjustable bed was not explained to you properly. While both our made-to-order breakfast and the comfort of our beds are aspects of the hotel that we typically receive rave reviews about, I really appreciate your candid and valued feedback as we are continuously striving to improve and exceed all of our guests' expectations. Thank you again for your comments regarding your stay and for your business, I do hope you will visit us again on your next trip to the Lynchburg area - we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 18 November 2010

We stayed for business meetings and were exceptionally pleased with the staff & service levels. Food served during the meetings was good and the meeting rooms met our needs nicely.

It's a little tricky getting to the southbound side of the road from the hotel's parking lot. It's not impossible, but can add 5 or 10 minutes to your travel time.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MeetingMaker
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Thank you for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with all of our staff. We enjoyed having you and your colleagues stay with us and hope you will return soon. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 1 November 2010

We had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was extremely pleasant; front desk, manager, wait persons, housekeeping, etc. The room was very clean, beds comfortable and loved the feather pillows. The room was on the fourth floor facing the road and was very quiet. We had breakfast at the hotel both mornings and it was very good. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2010

Thank you for your kind words and valued feedback! Nothing is more rewarding than to hear that our hardwork has paid off - that you enjoyed your stay, and that the staff made you feel welcome. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to the Lynchburg area!

Reviewed 12 October 2010

First of all, the staff was very helpful and accommodating. I had requested a room with the sleep control bed (King size) and was assured I would be in a room with one. I wasn't and by time I noticed it (1:00 a.m.), it was too late to switch. Then as my daughter and I went to make up her bed on the fold-out couch, we noticed the blanket provided was COVERED in blood. This freaked us both out (just a little!). The manager quickly brought up a new one but it was disconcerting to wonder what ALL the blanket had touched that we were putting our fingers on. Our room was only cleaned once over three days--the maid explained they were running behind due to a large bridal party coming into the rooms. That was OK but I would have prefered to have my room cleaned. Then, we had had a very nice breakfast in their restaurant and were looking forward to another one before we left for home and it took an extraordinarily long time to get food when the restaurant wasn't even crowded. Although my King Suite was nice, I believe it was over priced for what I experienced ($140 per night and that was with Triple A). Nice touch was free internet in the room and you could print (free of charge) to their business center.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your business and feedback. This is certainly a disheartening review to read. At the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg we pride ourselves on our high standards of service and cleanliness, and I am disappointed that we failed in these aspects during your stay. All of our beds here at the hotel are Garden Sleep System (GSS) beds, but I apologize that you were not instructed properly on how to adjust yours. While it was a busy weekend, it does not excuse the issues you encountered. In an effort to appease you and your daughter, and those reading this review, I assure you what was on the blanket was NOT blood. I am aware of the situation personally, and know that it was not. Regardless, you have every reason to be upset. How we care for our linens AND our guest rooms is something that we take very seriously. Maintaining that consistency has been addressed with all of our housekeeping staff.

I sincerely appreciate your candid comments and critique of your stay as we continue in our every day attempt to perfect our guests' experiences. I hope you will give us another opportunity to do the same for you. Please contact me personally if there is anything further that I can do for you.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

When taking our daughter to college, we stayed at the HGI and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the facility is beautiful and the food is out of this world! We are so looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I am thrilled to see your positive review - our team is dedicated to providing our guests an experience to remember, rather than just a place to stay. Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg. We are truly looking forward to serving you again on your next trip to the area!