“Very convenient and comfortable for Liberty intensives”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my second stay at the Wyndham - I also stayed there for a week last summer. I will be staying there one more time next week. Both of my stays were very convenient, allowing me to focus on the week-long graduate intensive courses I was taking at Liberty. The classes are truly intense and require work in the evenings after being in class all day, so it helped to stay at a school-owned hotel that understands that experience. I enjoyed the complimentary free breakfast each morning and was able to use the fitness center twice this last trip to help me relieve stress and exercise after sitting so long. The manager and staff were all very friendly. The hotel offered a reduced rate for intensive students, a free dinner Sunday night, and free printing during our stay. I was able to walk to class in 15 minutes or use the school bus service in about the same amount of time. I would definitely recommend the Wyndham for students who want to pay a little extra to allow them to focus better on their intensive courses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

While you stay at the Wingate Lynchburg, our job to help you RELAX so you can concentrate on your school work… whether it is a comfortable bed, friendly smile, Hot Breakfast Buffet, Free Printing available 24/7, Fitness Center, Complimentary Chair Massages on Monday & Thursday nights, Heated Indoor Pool or even the Orientation/Pizza Social on Sunday nights. We are here to serve you and appreciate you staying with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Awesome Hotel and Staff. I cannot emphasis enough how great the staff is at this hotel. We have stayed here 4 times and everything has always been consistent! We will stay here every time we are in the Lynchburg area!!!

M & S Cook

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing our staff here at the Wingate Lynchburg… our job here is to “Always Exceed Guest Expectations” and it means a lot for you to let us know that you have stayed with us four times and received outstanding service each time you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lynchburg!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I spend 3 weeks at the Wingate and loved it! It was quiet, lots of room in the room I had. The staff was amazing, they went the extra mile to make sure things were done properly for printing, copying and if I had any questions at all they made sure to answer them or find the answer for me. The shuttle to and from campus was great because it isn't that close of a walk and either up or down hill. Having the shuttle made it so much easier! I didn't get a chance to use the pool because I was so busy with intensives at Liberty. I really enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back again! Thanks Wingate Staff!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel, on floor 4 or 5 the view is incredible!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

It is hard to be away from home… away from friends and family… and 3 weeks is a very long time! We are glad that the Wingate Lynchburg could provide you with a “Home Away From Home”. Near the front door Front Desk we have a sign that reads: “Where you enter as GUESTS, and leave as FRIENDS.” We are proud to call you OUR FRIEND!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had a reservation for New Student Orientation at Liberty University. To my surprise, when I checked in, we were in suite! When I left, I forgot a library book. I called them when I got home and they promptly mailed it back to me!! The pool was the perfect temperature...disappointed the hot tub was not working but that is a small issue. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful! You can leave your car at the hotel and take the shuttle to the university which made it really nice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

One of our most important values that our staff share is: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” (The Golden Rule) This is one of the reasons we always try to exceed guest expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to you coming back to see us!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff was excellent, very helpful to meet all of my needs. They always had a smile of gratitude and servant hood. The breakfast each day was great. They offer shuttle service to the campus and to the airport. Great experience.

Laphelia T

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Our staff really tries to anticipate the needs of our guests… we’re glad that you had a GREAT EXPERIENCE at the Wingate Lynchburg. Earlier in the week we discussed that the “Greatest Leaders are the Greatest Servants” and we appreciate this opportunity to serve our guests every day! We are sending a smile back to you! ( :

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The front desk staff went so above and beyond for me. I was devastated when I realized that while I was on a train to VA, my wallet was still in CT. My family overnight-ed it, but I still had no money, ID, or credit cards on my person. The staff were so gracious and emailed me a credit card authorization so I could still check in for my week-long stay. The next morning I woke up to an "anonymous" envelope under my door, containing $20. It was so generous and thoughtful. I worked as a front desk staff for three years so I truly appreciate their dedication to their job and their customers. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Interestingly, we have such an outstanding Front Desk Staff at the Wingate Lynchburg that it was really hard for us find out who your “anonymous gift” came from! (However, we did find out and shared your email with her.) We’re glad that we could be there at your time of need and that we were able to help take the weight off your shoulders so you could concentrate on your classes. We look forward to your return trip to Lynchburg!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014