Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Wingate for an Intensive Course. Rooms were comfortable, quiet, and clean. The complementary breakfast was ok. There was a variety of cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc. There are also hot items: waffles (make your own), eggs, and sausage or bacon. The eggs were not good -- they seem to be made of a powdered mix and the "omelet" was just the egg folded in half with a glop cheese in the middle. I think there are better hotels in the area for the same amount of money. Also, I had a lot of trouble with the Wi-Fi which was apparently localized to the floor I was on (5th). Staff said they would look into it but I used the campus Library and other spots instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Wingate Lynchburg… we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Our Breakfast Manager does try offer a variety breakfast items on a daily basis. She typically alternates between Scrambled Eggs, Cheese Omelets, or Western Omelets, along with an optional meat item such as Sausage Links or Patties, Smoked Bacon, or Canadian Bacon. If you have any suggestions of any other breakfast items that you would like us to add, please let us know. We are in the process of improving Wi/Fi signal and also offer hard wired internet access in guest rooms which offers faster download speeds.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for a week recently; I was taking a course at nearby Liberty University. I found the hotel staff to be friendly and accommodating, even when I checked out a day early! Breakfast (6AM-10AM M-F, 7AM-?? Sat/Sun) was great, and had a rotating menu. Always hot choices (eggs, meat, waffles), but plenty of cereal, muffins, fruit, etc. also. Regularly replenished. The room was perfect for my needs. King-size bed, A/C unit, microwave, coffee pot, mini-fridge - it's a lovely gesture that they leave microwave popcorn in the rooms also. The bathroom was standard & adequate. While the free wi-fi will not be the fastest you've ever used, it will be suitable for the average business/school endeavors. The high-speed printers at the front desk saved time & money when printing handouts for a project. I used the fitness room once; adequate (but not sound-proof...be cautious when singing along to your iPod). If this hotel had laundry facilities, it would be absolutely perfect. For extended travelers (I had come down after a week in DC), that's a must-have. There is a laundromat relatively close (if you have a car, which I did), but the convenience of on-site would be superb. I'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sullivan206

Thank you for staying with us at the Wingate… we are glad to be “your gem” when you stay in Lynchburg. It is the “little touches” that really make a difference… whether it is the bag of popcorn provided in each room, coffee and tea available in the lobby 24 hours or the Business Center available 24/7 with free printing, copies and faxes.

As part of our remodeling which began last week we will be doubling the size of our Fitness Center, adding a Marketplace along with two new Guest Laundry Facilities which we hope will make us perfect for you. (We expect the remodeling to be completed in mid-March.)

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Food was good. Comfortable bed, even though it was a little soft. However, bathroom needed update repair and extra cleaning. Toilet seat needs to be tightened. Manager came to us and asked if everything was okay, which is very important. In addition, it's a great location overlooking Liberty University.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mantle22

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the problems you experienced in your bathroom. As part of our remodeling, which began last week we are making major upgrades to all guest rooms, including bathrooms. In the meantime, I shared to comments with our Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance Supervisor to make sure each of these problems with the bathroom was corrected. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times while taking my Liberty Intensive course. The staff are wonderful and very friendly with all guests. The couple of times I needed something from the front desk staff, they were more than generous to help with anything needed. The breakfast is nice and the hotel is in a great location for intensive classes. Beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want a great view of the mountains and liberty campus, ask for a front view room. It's b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tonya R
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

It is a real complement to our staff when guests come back to stay with us because of their positive experience. Our goal is to always exceed guest expectations to make you want to come back to stay with us again and again! We look forward to seeing you when you come back for your next class!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This was a lovely and comfortable hotel with a beautiful view. Quick access to Liberty transit was available. The manager went above and beyond to make sure I had food I could eat due to a food allergy and also helped us back to the hotel from downtown when we happened to be at the same eatery. Friendly staff and I cannot get over how the manager made our stay that much better. I feel as if I've found a home away from home. I will be staying here for all future intensives.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Amber H

Thank you for sharing your “Excellent Wingate Experience” with us and letting us know that our staff went “above & beyond” to take care of your needs! We’re glad to be your “home away from home” and look forward to your future visits with us!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

As usual, the hotel staff were WONDERFULLY hospitable. Everyone was polite and welcoming. Breakfast buffet is great. Room staff knew I was there for the week and did a great job keeping the room clean and well-stocked. My only issue was that, last September, I was told by one of the staff that laundry and food court were going to be put in place by this spring. Well, construction hasn't even begun. So, if you get hungry and don't want to leave the hotel, you're stuck with a bag of popcorn in your room and a vending machine on the 1st floor. Also, when I made my reservation this past March (for the July intensive), I requested a front-facing room. That didn't happen - so, my view was of the retaining wall. Special thanks to Brian Knopp for doing all he does to make one's stay relaxing! And to Theresa, who runs the breakfast buffet!

Room Tip: You definitely want a room on the front of the hotel, and the higher up it is, the better the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tom G

We are happy to announce that the remodeling of our Wingate by Wyndham will begin on August 4th and will include the addition of a Marketplace as well as Guest Laundry Facilities. (These additions will be made because of the suggestion of our guests!) However, please be patient… that this process will take 5-6 months to complete since it being done one section at a time so we don’t disturb our guests. One of the advantages of the Wingate is that we are on the Liberty Shuttle Route which can take our guests to nearby restaurants. Glad that our staff could help make your stay RELAXING! We look forward to seeing you in ROUND 4!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Spent a quick overnight here and enjoyed the comfortable room. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. The only downside was an odd smell in the bathroom, but everything appeared clean. Our room had a great view of the mountains, and the hotel is convenient to just about everything in the region. Easy on and off nearby Routes 460/US 29.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We’re glad that you liked our location and found our room to be comfortable… our location on Candlers Mountain Road makes us convenient to nearby colleges, shopping and restaurants. The smell in the bathroom may have come from the environmentally friendly cleaning products that we use. Our Housekeeping Supervisor will check this out. Thank you for staying with us!