“Stale and sticky”
Review of Hill City Inn

Hill City Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This place could have been a much better experience but for cleanliness issues... Sticky floors and dirty woodwork, and the overall stale smell on arrival made us wonder about the sanitary conditions though out our short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside if view is important...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UncleSkip

Reviewed 16 June 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel near the bike trails. This fit the bill. Nice pool, wireless, very basic breakfast, quiet room with minifridge.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank To-King
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed at this Travelodge for four times. I always have a pleasant stay all time. It has very clean rooms, comfortable beds,noise free rooms. It also has a reasonable price very friendly front desk staff. I highly recommended this place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy C
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This hotel is ok, nothing particularly good or bad. The pool is a little small. The room does not smell great, though endurable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Checked in and the room key, while it turned the light green- the door would not open. It was as if something was up against the door on the inside. Management switched my room. All was well.
Next morning for the breakfast, I noticed the 'date' on the jug of juice had expired. When I called it to management's attention, she did not hesitate to go to the back to bring out a new one.
There were 2 blackened banannas in the fruit bowl for the offerings of the day for fruit.
It just seemed this Travelodge had a new definition for 'welcome'...it is 'go away'.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2009

It seemed like an ok place to stay in when i looked online. But once me and a friend got inside the room it had a strong weird smell in it but we decided it was just one night here. We went out for a bit came back and there was hair in the microwave when we went to cook food. There was a cockroach in the room and we haven't even gotten through the whole night but i know i wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank mhchartrand
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Well I knew it wasn't the Ritz seeing as I booked this hotel valentines weekend for an overnite stay. I get in 9pm to a room a resevered 2 days in advance and the clerk asks would i mind switching my king size room for two double beds. I'm tall so that wasnt an option. Anyway so it's a standard room the tv was actually pretty big so that was an unexpected bonus. It was clean, nothing to fancy but again it was only 50 bucks so who am i to complain. As I prepare to go to bwd i pull back my covers and find a red stain. Luckily not blood but still unpleasant to see food stains in your "clean bed." I lift up the pillow case and find a sausage. I'm assuming the last people hear had pizza but WAIT that means no one cleaned the bed then....

Fast forward to this morning... It's only fitting that in a Bible-oriented city (Lynchburg) my shower would be only "hot and cold" no in between. The hot water really works, trust me! After a shower which was shorter than I would have liked I shaved or atleast attempted to. Halfway through my clippers shorted the socket, even though it had been only a couple of minutes. And its not a high tech shaver so I'd think the socket could take it, go figure. As I'm leaving my room for my car the room service calls to me, "do you need service today?" I'm thinking "today?" Aren't you supposed to cleam these rooms everyday. Maybe I'm asking too much from a cheap establishment. If anything I know what to expect but I doubt there'll be a next time this is definitely a no frills hotel stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank introspekt757