“good deal” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hill City Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hill City Inn
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Ballston Lake, New York
“good deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

clean room, typical outdoor entrance motel. breakfast is minimal (cereal, prepackaged danishes, toast, fruit, oatmeal), but so is the nightly rate! If you don't like powdered coffee creamer, bring your own half and half! ;) Although a little hard to understand, the owners were friendly and helpful. Rooms have microwave, fridge, coffemaker, hair dryer, iron and board. We will be coming back, as we are looking for an inexpensive, clean, safe room with breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie12019

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Culpeper VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was more interested in the history of Lynchburg than a decent place to stay, so I shopped for inexpensive lodging and ended up here. They have a swimming pool, and - I think - they let the general public use it for a fee. It was absolutely packed with some of the most drunk, most crude people I have ever seen. Certainly not a place to take children. Now this was in the summer - winters might be different. The rooms were average.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Richard D

Travellers are raving about these Lynchburg hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Called twice two days prier to make sure that it was ok for me to check in at 4am because I've been traveling form Florida to Lynchburg for summer orientation at liberty university, I clearly specified more than 2 times that I would be there early in the morning and asked if I would still be able to check in and she said yes just make sure you check out by 11 on Saturday. Well the front desks calls my room and asks me to pay for an extra night when she clearly said it was ok for me to check in that early. End result I had to pay an extra 30 dollars just to stay until the next day when I already paied for my stay. Never going back again

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maxxdeborahh
South Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

My two sons attended a concert in Lynchburg over the New Year holidays. My youngest left his wallet in the room. It contained his Christmas money, school ID and subway card in Beijing, where we live. The maids discovered it and gave it to Sam Patel. He contacted the boy's youth leader and reached me that day. We were flying home in two days, so I authorized him to use some of the money from the wallet (left a note with amount) and send it FedEx so we could get it the next day. He was very helpful and went out of his way to make sure my son had his wallet.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AmyPWV
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

The hotel staff here were great the owner and his daughter bent over backwards to accomodate us. We booked on line and there were only 2 smoking rooms left in the hotel and when we checked in we asked if there were any non smoking rooms and they managed to get us one.
It is an older hotel the outdoor type but, the rooms have been recently redone at least ours was. The bathroom however was not redone and the wall paper was peeling. The room was very clean all except for the bathroom. The rate we got was pretty fair especially being the only two rooms left in the whole town due to a function at the college the weekend we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has just been redone.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MrMouser
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

For the price we paid I wouldn't expect the Ritz and didn't get it! The whole place is pretty tired and I didn't examine the housekeeping too closely just to be sure I would sleep. The beds were "fine" but the air conditioner was like a helicopter in the room. We didn't hang about and were glad that it was only for 1 night.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CorkKerry
Dade City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My family spent several nights at the Travelodge in Lynchburg for a graduation. It was both comfortable and clean. The best thing about it was the people running it. They were so nice. I had my mom and dad with me, and they are both 70+ years old. I felt like the Travelodge bent over backwards to make them at home. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family