“Comfortable and Affordable”
Review of Hill City Inn

Hill City Inn
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Right off the highway without the noise and a short walk to Downtown Lynchburg. Great restaurants, the travel center, market, and shops 5 minutes away. The room is awesome, especially for the price but the bed is out of this world. My wife and I don't do well in lousy beds, and plenty of hotels have them but we slept soundly and were refreshed in the AM.

Room Tip: the rooms form a quad with the pool in the middle.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bill e

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My coach booked five rooms in this motel after another hotel dropped our reservations, and my coach made the general manager of the latter book them for us. We drove up to Lynchburg for 6 hours and we got in around midnight. My coach left the bus with 14 of us on it to check in. We watched a man pull up in a niceish sports car, knock on a room, and be admitted by a woman we believe was a prostitute. We were let into our rooms and closed the curtains immediately and locked the door. Luckily the adjoining room we had was occupied by people from my team and later a chaperone but the room had an aura of "unclean." The bedspreads were tacky, the lights dim, the shower grimy. My roommates found a bug in their bed, and found a cigarette burn or bullet hole in the bedspread (we don't know what it was). The Wi-Fi was spotty at best but not great. The only nice thing was the large TV. Because of the sketchy neighborhood, we were all terrified for our lives and slept with it on all night. We went to get breakfast the next morning and the milk was expired and had a huge icky chunk at the bottom. We had work to do and we ended up going to a local Panera to do it because no way would it be acceptable. Some parents (like my own) almost called my school about the dreadful experience I told them about but decided against it because everything else was booked. We ended up needing to stay an extra night so we immediately booked a Holiday Inn Express. That was a wonderful Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank SpaceSleeper
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Not in the greatest location, but nice clean rooms. Rooms have microwaves, coffee makers, and fridge. All sheets and towels were clean. The front desk was very friendly. It isn't "the Ritz" but if you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to spend the night, this is a good place.

Room Tip: Don't let the outside scare you away. It is an older building, but the rooms are kept nice and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SusanV598
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I visited Lynchbyrg from Germany. I have read the hotel reviews and I hesitated at first becuase of the reviews. I stayed in room 106 for two weeks and I have very good experience. Very clean room, comfortable bed, good complimentary breakfast, location was okay, and a very good price.I will definelty stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Antonin H
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Reserved 17 rooms well in advance. Lost power to many of the rooms during the middle of the night. Partial power in the room I was staying in and the voltage was extremely low. About 7am, a burning/hot smell could be detected. Wall outlets did not have covers, smoke detectors did not have batteries, exposed cables were run through the walls, etc. My genuine concern is the safety and well being of guests. The hotel management took absolutely no responsibility for the situation. Offered absolutely nothing in the way of compensation. Oh, and by the way,if seemed as if the breakfast was straight out of the Sam's boxes with no presentation.

1  Thank dugfive
Reviewed 11 March 2014

If you're looking for a pay-by-the hour motel, you've stumbled upon the right place. We booked 8 rooms here and all of them were DISGUSTING! Despite paying for our rooms in advance, it took them 45 minutes upon check-in, to find our rooms. Half of the rooms didn't have heat (30's outside), most of the rooms didn't have hot water and several of our rooms lost power in the middle of night. The power loss was due to too many patrons at the hotel at one time. Our power was never restored and we showered in pitch blackness, outside of the light from our cell phones.

3  Thank no1dolfan72
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Aside from the likely-not-up-to-code outlet, the AC/heat unit that didn't work correctly, the body hairs on the backside of bathroom door, the hole in the door, the shower that couldn't make up it's mind whether to scald or freeze you, this room was AWESOME! The stinkbugs, the graffiti, and the fuzzy cable tv were tossed in for free! Also, the extra small beds were a nice touch. I'd rather sleep outside in a sleeping bag than stay here again. Can't believe the city of Lynchburg (or whoever regulates such) allows this place to stay open. Positives were location, fairly cheap, and easy access to get away from there.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
2  Thank Experienced T