“Very clean room, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“Very clean room, friendly staff”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Holiday Inn Lynchburg, Va. is a very nice place to stay. staff, accommodations all A+. The restaurant was very clean, food was excellent, and the wait staff and hostess were all exceptional. Very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: the hotel assigned our room, we couldn't have been more pleased. Quiet and comfortable, near the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had a very pleasant experience with this hotel... the staff was excellent, courteous, friendly, and there smiles were very welcoming. My room was in tip top shape nice and clean, And the breakfast was wonderful. the meal arrived in a timely manner and the help went above and beyond to please us. I would recommend this hotel to all... Thanks holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
'Bama
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had not been to Lynchburg before. The location is very nice in downtown Lynchburg, lots of interesting buildings from different time periods all within walking distance of hotel. A quirky downtown. Parlor Lofts, YWCA, some sort of antique car shop.

As stated, room was clean and spacious. Went for King executive, as it was only 7 dollars more than the standard double.

The restaurant has a good Peruvian chef, I very much liked the loma saltado, and another in party had the Peruvian seafood special, and it had scallops, calimari and mahi-mahi in a delicious, spicy sauce.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are looking for a really nice, clean and friendly place to stay. Look no further. I was here on business and this hotel was clean and the staff was really friendly. The room was spacious and we had everything that we needed in the room. Upon checking into our room we got a call from the front desk asking us if we needed anything. I thought that was awesome customer service. We had plenty of fresh towels and washcloths. The only one thing that was odd to me was that the curtains did not close all the way together. I really did like this hotel. I also liked that it had a bar and restaurant inside and a parking deck. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Lynchburg, VA.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first time last week to visit our daughter at Liberty University. We didn't know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised! The service at the front desk was hospitable, helpful, and courteous. The lobby was beautiful! Our room was more than adequate, clean, comfortable, and had a nice vice of the downtown streets. Our waitress at breakfast was lovely! So polite, friendly, and expeditious with our food and bill. She offered us to-go cups for coffee, and was extremely nice! (We're from NJ...it's not that friendly up there!!!) The food was delicious! Also enjoyed having garage parking next door, with a covered walkway from the hotel to the garage, especially since it was raining when we left. We would definitely stay here again! The price was reasonable, as well.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor. Quiet and enjoyed the view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura P
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was there for a sorority conference. I am only a gold elite member, however that means I stayed more than once. Sharon at the front desk was very nice and nurturing. while I did get priority check-in the water bottle and bag of pretzels was a bit of an insult. The next morning when I went for breakfast, Pat expressed they were busy. I showed her my green ticket for a free breakfast and her comment was "oh you have one of those." All I wanted was a cup of ice water and a cup of OJ it took her 10 minutes to get it for me. Then I found out that one of my sisters had bed bugs in her bed and instead of being immediately moved them attempted to spray them first! After it did not solve the problem they moved her to a smaller room. We had dinner at the restaurant there and again fruit flies were all over I had to put a bev napkin on my drink so they did not fly in. It was after 5 but we were told that the chef for the night was not in and the prep cook did not come. I asked what time dinner was and was told whenever the chef gets in but it's supposed to be 5pm. She finally came and I ordered chicken and coriander rice because I was sick. She came out and stated her rice was not done yet. I asked how long and she stated 15 minutes and we both agreed to wait. When the food came the chicken was on the bottom steaming, however the rice was lukewarm at best and greasy. I took one bite, it immediately made me sick to my stomach so I set the plate aside. She did come out and apologize but I did not eat that night. The next morning I went to break at 8am, I saw some of my sisters sitting at the bar (we had a conference there with over 100 guests). They had ordered their food 30 minutes prior to me getting there and still did not have it. Pat and others walked past me several times before I finally asked if I could order, Pat huffed and stated you can but who knows when you will get your food. I began to order and she put up one finger and told me she would be back. 15 minutes later (the others still did not have their food), I again asked if I could place my order she reluctantly took it. Another waitress come and let us know that they did not make our order because they could not read it but they were making it now. We let her know that we still did not get our drinks. Most of our food came out. We did not have silverware. I asked Pat for silverware and she huffed again and got it. At this point I asked for a manager and Kenny came out very concerned. Then we finally got the rest of our items and were told we did not have to pay. I laughed because I was an elite member and didn't have to pay for it anyway. When I went to the front desk Sharon and Anthony were very helpful with my check out and our concerns. Kenny also came up to ask if I at least enjoyed the breakfast and the lunch he catered for our organization they day before. 111 per night is a lot to pay for a room that smells, bad service and bed bugs. Though I did not have bed bugs that I know of I know they travel and I also know that this is not the first incident. If my sorority has their conference here next year I will stay at a different hotel or I will not attend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MDB819
gmcamm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear MDB819,

THANK YOU for your review!

I am mortified to hear about the myriad of issues that you experienced during your visit.

I do know that our team has worked together with you to bring some sort of resolution, and we promise that your return visit for the conference next year will be one that we can all be proud of.

Regards,

Tony Camm
Jonesborough, TN
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our visit started off on the wrong foot. The City of Lynchburg is apparently remodeling their downtown by ripping up all of the streets and replacing them with cobblestones. That's a lovely idea, but by digging up all of the streets at once, it becomes an obstacle to drive through. So, round and round we went, following one way streets and detours until we finally arrived at the Holiday Inn Select in downtown Lynchburg.

Next step, check-in. The line was very long and disorganized, and we finally gave up and decided to come back after dinner. I found out later that they had a church group that night, which you might think is outside of their control, but they could have had some extra staff available if they had such a big group checking in.

The rooms (we stayed two different nights) were average at best. Nothing wrong with the mattresses, plenty of space, clean, and flat screen TV. The problem was maintenance. Our toilet was defective and would start running for a minute or two about every 15 minutes. The bathtub faucets leaked in both rooms. I would recommend that the management inspect the rooms for maintenance issues and get them all up to speed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GenghisKhan,

THANK YOU for your review!

Your comments provide valuable feedback for our team, to improve our ongoing efforts to deliver a memorable stay experience.

We have addressed the issue of being understaffed during our busiest times, as well as the issue of the maintenance of the toilet.

Should your travels lead you back this way, please feel free to contact me personally so that I can ensure that your next stay is more enjoyable.

Tony Camm