“Holiday Inn Downtown Lynchburg”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We came to Lynchburg to visit Liberty University. After a 14 hour car ride we were greeted by Anthony, a VERY friendly and helpful front desk attendant. The room was perfect, clean and comfortable beds.Everyone there showed us great Southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Don't turn right out of the parking garage, it's a one way street... oops!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

During a recent stay at this hotel I needed an early check in as I was ill with bronchitis and in need of some bedrest.Anthony S on the front desk swiftly saw to it that we were checked in within minutes and offered me water et cetera.After a couple of days I had recovered,mostly due to his kind actions.The hotel was busy with teenage basketball teams but we weren't disturbed at all and enjoyed a couple of free breakfasts for the slight inconvenience of a minor room change.I was impressed when Anthony asked how I was feeling on checkout and feel this young man has a great future ahead of him in hospitality and cannot fault the excellent service we received.The room was spotless and the location was ideal for our needs.I would recommend this hotels food and believe any class of traveller would enjoy a stay here.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I showed up late at night after a fight with my sister; I was from out of town, staying at her house, due to the death of my father. Emotions were too high. I needed to be alone. I burst into tears while checking in, and the lovely person at the registration desk could not have been nicer. She was sweet and kind, gave me a nice room and a coupon for breakfast the next morning. The rest of the staff was just as kind and professional throughout my stay. I ended up booking a conjoining room for my family who came later for the funeral. We stayed a few days, had dinner in the restaurant--very nice, service excellent, food quite good. Breakfast was a welcome southern fare. Grits, biscuits and gravy, etc. I've lived in the north too long, and I welcomed all of the southern food and hospitality. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. For some reason, my attempt to give it five stars is not going through. TripAdvisor, be aware. I give this hotel a five in all categories, no matter what else you see.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I would like to commend one of the employees for excellent service given to me and my family. Mr. Anthony Slaughter was superb in his professionalism and hospitality. He is truly a valuable asset!!!!!

Room Tip: Ensure that the room is free of pets if you have allergies.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Clean Rooms, Excellent Service and great location. This hotel was perfect for a weekend trip to Lynchburg. Bar, Restaurant on site with great food. Walking distance of coffee shops, restaurants and the waterfront park. Waterfront has great trails, bike rentals and ties into the Hertitage Trail that is the rail to trail program.

Room Tip: Our room was non smoking and we had a microwave and refrigerator. Great water pressure in shower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here while I was in town for a medical school interview. I am overall pleased. I got a great deal on priceline so I am definitely happy with the quality of room I got for the price paid. The front desk attendant was very friendly and made sure I had everything I need to have a great stay. They happily brought me up an extra comforter. My room was clean and the house keeping staff I encountered was more than happy to answer my questions. The rooms are a little dark as far as lighting but no major complaints! I would recommend this property and return if I am in Lynchburg again. There is a train that goes by for those that are light sleepers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is an older property that needs updating, but as far as hotels within walking distance of good restaurants, bars, and the river, this is one of the only ones in Lynchburg.
The hotel, itself, if passable: there is covered parking within a few yards of the hotel (great for winter), and there is a restaurant/bar within the hotel, which is pretty decent, the rooms are a little dated, but not too bad -- most notably in the bathroom.
I will stay here again (I have already stayed here twice), mostly for the location. There are unique restaurants and drinking holes within a short walk from the hotel, which for me is a must when I travel for business.
If you want to eat at the Olive Garden or at Applebees, the HI Express or Hilton Garden Inn would probably be preferable, but if you want something authentic from Lynchburg, stay downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear USA_style,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A